cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Pimye
Adept I

cannot switch graphics card of my laptop

Hello since I rebooted my windows 10 my radeon settings can no longer switch to my gpu2. 
Acer Aspire 3 ( A315-21G-96C5 )
AMD Dual-Core Processor A9-9420
8 Gb DDR4
(sorry for my english i'm french )

Pimye_0-1621746487433.png

Capture d’écran 2021-05-23 082601.png

Pimye_1-1621746530313.png

Pimye_2-1621746612563.png

Pimye_0-1621746825762.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

I put everything in high performance except that there is only on my gpu2 the directX 12 and my R5 gpu not.

I think I'll go see a technician to check the connections inside my laptop.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
18 Replies
xmadmike
Adept III

une raison particuliere pour le reboot ? 

0 Likes

Spoiler
Ok so listen this carefoully

First of all, do you have an application called amd catalyist control center? if you do, go to power, powerplay and set everything to max (not always working) then "switchable graphics processor" and here you can select which gpu ur laptop is going to use, after that click apply and done, later on, tell me what driver ur running on and what version of the catalyst. 

0 Likes

I don't use amd catalyst but i use Radeon Settings. I will install amd catalyst

0 Likes

This is no longer handled by AMD with Windows 10. I showed you where to assign the graphics.

0 Likes

Pimye_0-1621832340968.png

Tried it but my gpu2 is not displayed.

0 Likes

Look in Device Manager / display. Any yellow error marks?

0 Likes

Pimye_0-1621832789699.png

i don't see a error, its clean

0 Likes

Do you have a option for crossfire in the AMD control panel?

This is the latest driver for your APU...it is the only graphics driver you install. Is this what you used?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a9-series-apu-for-laptops/7th-gen-a9-94...

0 Likes

i use this 

Pimye_0-1621835383553.png

0 Likes

"i use this"

That is strange...do your games play ok using the high performance (no matter what graphics it uses) ? And this 3core business...

Screenshot_4.png

0 Likes

They work less well than before when I had access to my gpu2 

0 Likes

Try a previous driver.  Make sure you have prevented Microsoft from automatically installing drivers and empty the C:AMD folder of all driver versions. They are not needed and clear up some space. Clean install the drivers if the option comes up. Remember this is the only driver you install, it updates both graphics chips.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a9-series-apu-for-lapt...

Screenshot_1.png

0 Likes

I have already tried but it does not work 

0 Likes

The only way possible is using AMD catalyst control center, then go to "power" and switchable gpu, here you can select the apps that will use the high end gpu and the apu ( R5 GPU). IF you can't find it, just browse on the "power" channels and you will surely find it, then add the file ( .exe) file you want to use with high performance and done. 

0 Likes

I put everything in high performance except that there is only on my gpu2 the directX 12 and my R5 gpu not.

I think I'll go see a technician to check the connections inside my laptop.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

J'ai eu un bug avec mon disque C: windows qui crash constamment alors j'ai changer de disque et j'ai du reboot un windows dessus.

0 Likes

Go to your computer 'Display' option, scroll down to 'Graphics'...there is where you assign the high performance graphics to a game or app.

You should also delete all previous drivers in the C:AMD folder

Screenshot_6.png

I have already tried but it shows me that the gpu1 but not the gpu2

0 Likes