cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

tjhess
Journeyman III

Cannot Extend Display (Displayport + HDMI) Windows 10 RX 570

For the life of me I cannot get my ACER 4k monito connected via DisplayPort and a generic 720 P monitor connected via HDMI to view in extended mode. I have tried 2 different HDMI monitors now and it just wont work. Both screens go black. It will work in every other mode (PC screen only, duplicate and second screen only).

I am running windows 10.

Under device manager I see the following under monitors.

Generic PnP Monitor

Generic PnP Monitor

BUT under the second one I find the following issue of this helps at all under events...

Device DISPLAY\ECM2000\5&921d474&0&UID260 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: DISPLAY\ADVEF2D\1&8713bca&0&UID0
Class Guid: {4d36e96e-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFF0000F100
Present: false

I cannot for the life of me figure out why this won't work and it's frustrating the crap out of me. Thank you for your help!

T.J.

0 Likes
1 Reply
chugnun
Journeyman III

Hello,

I have a similar problem.

Have a Aorus RX580 8GB works fine, drivers and radeon software all installs and works fine.

Connected to main monitor BenQ GL2450H with a DIV-D to HDMI cable and works fine.

Problem comes when i connect the second monitor a Dell E207WPF (winodws cannot see this but Radeon software can) using a HDMI to DIV-D cable.

When i start up i get the ASUS motherboard load screen and the windows logo appears but then when it should load the windows password screen both screens just go blank. 

Have used both monitors individually with both cables from the HDMI and DIV-D socket on the GPU and they work fine.

I just cant get them to work together.

The RX580 card has only been used about 5/6 months, it has been put in this machine to replace a failing GTX770 which was about 6 years old and ran 2 screens with no issues at all.  I really hope the AMD card is not failing already.

Any help would be really good.

Rob.

0 Likes