cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ShomiRAC
Adept I

Cannot disable FreeSync

I want to disable FreeSync, but disabling it on the  AMD Software does absolutely nothing - monitor (that has no option to control FreeSync in the OSD) still reports it's running and won't allow me to enable some other features that do not work with FreeSync on.
The only way I can disable it is if I uninstall the AMD drivers or run windows in safe mode.
I used to be able to disable it through EDID editor (CRU) on my previous AMD gpu as shown in the picture below, but now I got 7000 series and it just won't work anymore, probably because EDID edit is disabled on the 7000 series GPUs? I don't know. 

ShomiRAC_0-1674706174827.png

Is there a way to completely delete it or disable it in the registry in any way? I absolutely do not care about FreeSync and never will.

8 Replies
ShomiRAC
Adept I

Nothing. Really, AMD?

EmilG
Adept III

Did you remove old drivers using DDU before installing new GPU? What cable are you using, DP or HDMI? Also, if your monitor does not have freesync in the OSD that means freesync is off even though some aftermarket software may report it as on. Does your monitor have gsync? Turn that off too. Which  monitor are you using? What are you trying to do?

0 Likes

No, the AMD driver reports it is on, as and it can be seen on the picture I have provided in the thread. I want to disable freesync, simple as that. The monitor is AG271qx but that doesn't matter at all, I know for a fact that drivers are the problem which are forcing FreeSync on as soon as installed, I just wanted to see if there is an alternative solution such as editing registry. I even reinstalled windows before installing the GPU. This is not a new problem by the way, there are older threads than this for AOC monitors because they do not have the OSD options. The problem is that the drivers for 7000 series do not allow EDID edits.

0 Likes
stan
Elite

Yes,  CRU can work with RDNA3...

CRU Author: ToastyX 

Report EDID overrides not working with RX 7900 GPUs to AMD using their bug report tool: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdbrt

stan
Elite

Sorry, Fix typo.

CRU cannot work with RDNA3.

stan
Elite

@ShomiRAC 

CRU is work with RDNA3 now.

0 Likes

so does this mean it now works?  curious about this as the new 360 hz monitors that have ulmb 2 features wont work unless freesync is fully disabled.  as the monitors only allow turning on ulmb 2 when it detects no freesync

0 Likes

can you even use ULMB2 with AMD GPU?

0 Likes