cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

sinster
Adept I

Can't you release drivers that actually work and not have so many issues.

There hasn't been a set of drivers that I haven't had issue with since you left Catalyst and went to Crimson. Now the Relive (16.12.2) are huge pile of steaming (fill in blank). The Crimson were suppose to be the greatest things since slice bread. They are were riddled with issue as well.  Then Relive are released and suppose to be an improvement.  Key word suppose to be.   16.12.1 did the same thing.  Crimson didn't do this, but I have crossfire issues.  Now in Relive I have crossfire issues and now these stupid horizontal noise lines. Happens in Titanfall2 as well.

Another AMD Driver failure - YouTube

I get it there will be issue on new video drivers, but I shouldn't get them on all of them.  This tells me that you're not working on the right stuff.  I submitted tickets on these issue, but yet they still exist.  I will when asked for suggestion about GPU.  I will not recommend AMD as I have done in the past.

Recording doesn't work at all.. nothing....

relive.jpg

My system specs

MSI Gaming 7

Intel 4790k

2x MSI 390x

G. Skill RipJaw 16GB

0 Kudos
13 Replies

Re: Can't you release drivers that actually work and not have so many issues.

Unless everyone with your graphics card and OS combination is having the same problem, it is not a problem with the drivers, it is your system. If AMD cannot recreate the issues in their lab, then they cannot fix it.

sinster
Adept I

I would believe it was my system, but the Catalyst works fine, Crimson doesn't produce the horizontal noise lines like Relive.  Crimson just gives me different set of issues.  It happens on a clean install of my OS. Everything is up to date such as my FW on my mobo.

0 Kudos
ambrose
Challenger

Hello,

I don't run a system like this nor XFire but I was wondering??? If you are having such issues and all the time you are putting into trouble shooting it, why don't you do a semi-rebuild of your system. Make sure everything is installed the way it should be, all the slots are free of dust and the like etc..etc.... ( This may Include re-application of Thermal Paste on CPU ) I would even be as bold to say, try your computer with just a one card set up and see how that works on default settings No boosting apps or over clocking. Just keep it Vanilla based for several days.

I think you see where I am going with this so I won't ramble on. I am curious though before I close....What exactly are your gains from using 1 card as apposed to 2, and do these marginal gains mean that much difference ( If Any ).

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and again I don't use this type of set up I am just talking here and trying to get thoughts in another direction.

Regards, Ambrose

0 Kudos
sinster
Adept I

Done all that.

I do believe it's a XF issue. However XF is what I choose to have and AMD doesn't suggest not to run two cards. I'm pretty sure they encourage it.  In fact Raji Koduri and Lisa Su tooted about how two RX480 out performed a GTX1080.  If they aren't going support XF then the CEO and VP shouldn't be boasting about it and using it as a selling point.

Now as far as gains from 1 vs. 2.  I personally do not think it's marginal or I wouldn't be running them.

Again Catalyst worked the best, Crimson games that should run in XF didn't, Relive those games still do not run in XF and I get those noise lines. 

0 Kudos
sinster
Adept I

Titanfall 2 runs absolutely like crap.  Drops frames down to 1 during the throttling of GPU MHz during intense game play and my screen gets peppered with the damn noise lines.

Why would my memory drop from 1525Mhz to 150Mhz during a Titan Battle?

0 Kudos
sinster
Adept I

Seriously!!! 16.12.2 sucks even more than the previous.  Uninstalled, DDU, installed, and tried to play a game. My games just lock up and lose control of my 2nd monitor.   How many support tickets do I have to submit before I actually get a response?  AMD your support is sub-par. 

Faulting application name: amddvr.exe, version: 10.1.1.1666, time stamp: 0x585d600a

Faulting module name: amddvr.exe, version: 10.1.1.1666, time stamp: 0x585d600a

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x0000000000092538

Faulting process id: 0x22e4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d26e0494ab7645

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\amddvr.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\amddvr.exe

Report Id: 7cf3944b-f1e5-4c83-b26c-bfb3793b0ef3

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

0 Kudos
sinster
Adept I

Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

0 Kudos
gwenwolf
Adept II

What's the power supply wattage your using? Also have you tried one card at a time to make sure you don't have a faulty Graphics card causing the issue? I also recommend removing everything after you activate crossfire and see if it helps( except drivers). I had many crashes and it was caused by the extra software in the drivers like wattman and radeon settings and such. After removing these i have not had a crash. Good luck!!

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

The forum needs a separate crossfire forum where all the crossfire posts and issues can be had. Crossfire/SLI has been and always will be a pita...except for very computer savvy individuals....who are the ones who try to answer posts like this. Game developers are not going out of there way to code new games for multi-gpu computers as some did in the past...the single cards today are more than enough for todays games. Most crossfire people are able to play their games with one card just fine...but are used to seeing 100+ fps and assume 60fps is...slow.

So....AMD needs to lump all these crossfire issues into one forum so crossfire users can go there and see hundreds of identical posts and hopefully get some relief...or knowledge.

There are other factors to consider >  Microsoft’s latest Windows update breaks multi-monitor gaming

0 Kudos