cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dsatanure
Journeyman III

Can't know which is default graphics driver

Hey there I have Dell Inspiron 15R 5521, on dell site I found that both Intel HD 4000 Graphics and AMD Radeon 8370M both are recommended for my PC.

While installing intel graphics no failure occured, but while installing AMD graphics and error occurred "Application Install: install package failure!" (Log file attached), and AMD is running correctly...

But I found that both graphics are installed correctly shown in below screenshot:

Capture.PNG

but after I opened dxdiag.exe, there is showing only Intel one:-

Capture1.PNG

I'm running Windows 8.1 x64-bit, When only Intel Graphics were installed, Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor was showing in place of AMD (as per screenshot above) with caution symbol, and when only AMD is installed, AMD was showing with Caution symbol.

Now I want to know:-

1] What was the error while installing Error AMD, what are it's effects? and

2] Why Dxdiag.exe is showing only Intel Graphics as I've installed both?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I would look at this help page and do what it says for AMD with Intel. See if it helps. I know you need to make sure all your Windows updates are done as well as having the Latest Intel driver before loading your latest AMD driver. Laptop graphics update...How to  

Please realize that your OS is not supported by AMD any longer. So your mileage may vary on the results.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

I would look at this help page and do what it says for AMD with Intel. See if it helps. I know you need to make sure all your Windows updates are done as well as having the Latest Intel driver before loading your latest AMD driver. Laptop graphics update...How to  

Please realize that your OS is not supported by AMD any longer. So your mileage may vary on the results.

0 Likes