cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

otakulife005
Journeyman III

Can't Get System To See Both Cards At The Same Time

First time running more than one card at a time, I assumed it was going to be as simple as plug and play, I was foolishly wrong.

I have two MSI Armor 8G RX570 Cards. Both work on their own, however when I run with them both installed, only one ever shows up in Device Manager, Afterburner, and Radeon, Yada Yada Yada. This is a fresh build, Fresh Install of Win10. Manual Install of Radeon after DDUing the drivers that Microsoft installed automatically.

Motherboard is an AM4 ASRock x470 Taichi

For one reason or another, my CPU right now is an AM4 Athlon x4 (470?)

32GB(8x4) DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2133

850W EVGA PSU

Few Notes: I do get Fan Spin on both, however only if I set Afterburner to always have the fans on (Which is what I do anyways); otherwise only the one I have on the bottom spins regardless of configuration of cards. Also, Display only works coming out of the top card in either configuration.

Everything I have supports Crossfire, so what am I doing wrong?

2 Replies

When using an Athlon series CPU, that board only features one PCIe x16 slot which operates at x4. To use two graphics cards, you will need to use a Ryzen CPU.

Well I stand corrected, that one's my bad. So if I toss a Ryzen 3 1200 (Only other one I have kicking around) in there while I'm waiting for my Ryzen 7 so arrive, it should at least play ball?

Update: Worked like a charm. That was something I really should have read, my bad. Thank you for the quick solution!