cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

jokbon
Adept III

Re: Can't Deactivate freesync (RX580 and AOC AG241QX)

its because aoc dont have option for turning off freesinch indide monitor control panel

0 Likes
bobjoe8888
Journeyman III

That is a lie. I have a benQ EX3203R that has freesync 2 and hdr and it doesn't have an option in the screen's control panel to turn it off. Mine only has an option for freesync for normal and premium. I made an account today just to see if other ppl had the same problem. I've tried disabling freesync in AMD radeon software and nothing happens. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019 still runs with freesync every single time I launch it. Reason I don't want AMD freesync on is cuz it messes with the colour and turns everything grey scaled and also turns my blue light filter off. My eyes hurt after playing games for 2 hrs with freesync, which is undesirable. I would love to know if u guys have a solution for this.

0 Likes
el_arantis
Adept III

I think I came to a solution about this buggy problem. Of course, having Freesync off at AMD’s software, Freesync is not really working. Just monitor when identifies an AMD GPU always wrongly shows that it is enabled (when operating above 60Hz) making completely unable to change Low Input Lag option on the fly. What you can do is to set frequency at 50Hz at Windows. At this point everything is out of the range of Freesync, so you can change Low Input Lag option to ON. Then go back again to the amount of Hz you desire. Hope that this will help most of you.

0 Likes
watchblocker
Journeyman III

Hello guys, I found a solution to this problem

Yesterday I bought a new graphics card, 5600xt and faced the same problem on my AOC monitor

Solution to this problem:

1) You must download Custom Resolution Utility (Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) )

2) After it starts, we see the line in Extension Block We click on it 2 times

12.png

Then we see such a window

4.png

3) In date blocks you should add freesync range, in case of 144Hz monitor, limit FreeSync range (60-120hz) If 120hz, then limit (60-100hz)

54.png

4) Once added, close CRU, run restart64.exe, AMD driver reboot (make sure AMD is turned off by FreeSync).  

Because since we limited the FreeSync Range, it will not work at 144 Hz and your frame rate will be written in the OSD of the monitor instead of FreeSync

Unfortunately here is such a crutch, but it is working and I no longer had problems with non-shutdown FreeSync

0 Likes
el_arantis
Adept III

@watchblocker That was very nice. I just want to add that I followed a different "path" following the video bellow because you just edit the current profile. I completely disabled Freesync by putting range 48-49Hz.

So having all these in my mind it is a completely AMD's problem and not AOC's (my monitor is 240Hz)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=90&v=ZPGKjWgf6a0&feature=emb_logo

0 Likes
el_arantis
Adept III

So it would be good for AMD to solve the problem or create a Freesync and a non-Freesync driver for new releases, or at least, to put option for setting Freesync range

Anything else it unacceptable for a super firm as AMD.

0 Likes
viilutaja
Adept I

Hi,
I have different AOC monitor.
AOC Agon AG271QX  (Freesync 30-144Hz range). Same issue.
FreeSync is disabled in Radeon software, but monitor OSD still shows FreeSync ON and low input mode is grayed out and not available. I would like to use low input mode rather than Freesync as I play CS GO and Freesync at such high FPS and 144Hz range has no effect. 
I think this is more of AMD problem as monitor not getting signal from AMD Driver side, that Freesync has been disabled.

0 Likes