cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

arkwaldr
Journeyman III

Can someone please tell me which card I have?

System Info shows "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480/570/570X/580/580X]" I find this confusing but may be because I don't follow how the cards are labeled etc. I also find it confusing when I try and decide if I could benefit from updating or even which cards are newer or older. I would appreciate any comments.

I am on Linux Mint if that matters. Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies

I was going to mention to install GPU-Z or SPECCY but both aren't supported in Linux. But did find one similar to both that can be used in Mint called HardInfo.

Here are two websites that shows how to install Hardinfo in Mint and other Linux Distro:

1) [Solved] Linux alternative to Speccy? - Linux Mint Forums 

2) How to check graphics card on Linux - Xmodulo 

At worse, you can remove the GPU card and locate the Serial Number and Part number and if you know the Manufacturer of the GPU card via HardInfo you can open a Support ticket and they should be able to tell you exactly what GPU card you have according to the serial number and/or part number. This is usually located on a sticker label on the actual GPU card.

0 Likes

I appreciate your response, thanks. I was hoping someone could tell me something about a card with so many different what i suspect are version numbers and which of them is the ACTUAL card version. One program already on the system shows it as 470/480 but when I search cards those are two different cards released at different times. Prefer to not install something to get the information. Will contact Dell or open the case and take a look when I put in another hard drive. Thanks again for taking time.

0 Likes