cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

shri9203
Adept I

Can Radeon Hd 7400 run fortnite chapter 2 season 2

I have been playing fortnite on the AMD Radeon HD 7400m series graphic card and it ran smoothly on low settings in chapter one last season like i was getting max 40 frames but after i updated to chapter 2 idk if its the problem of the settings or not but im getting 1 fps 

also in windows graphic settings it doesnt show my card nor does it show in dxdiag but it does show in displau adapters and says the device is working propely i have also specified fortnite as high performance in catalyst control center

Any help????

7 Replies

Go to this website and see if your computer can run Fortnite or not: Can You RUN It | Can I Run It | Can My PC Run It 

Further down the page there is a new box to see all the games your specific computer setup can run.

This website is also very good in determining whether your computer can run certain games: https://www.game-debate.com/can-I-run/ 

a 7400m is actually a re-branded HD-6400M. So no that falls well bellow the minimum requirements for the game. You also did not mention what cpu you have. Likely if it is paired with the same generation of CPU as the GPU then it is also below minimum specs. 

Hi thanks for replying this is my cpu

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

0 Likes

You are probably thinking because yours is an i7 and the minimum spec is an i5 that you are fine. You are not. Your processor is a mobile processor that is still slower than the minimum required desktop speed processor. Remember those are minimums too, not recommended. That means the game will run not that it will run well. 

0 Likes

ok

0 Likes

Hi 

I have installed the program Razer Cortex and it predicts that i can get 40+ Fps based on my systems specs

but when ever I try to launch the game it says that the application has crashed

also in dxdiag it shows only Intel 3000 series instead of AMD RADEON HD 7400m

Can u please help me on how to launch the game

I dont want to buy Xbox Live for this month

0 Likes

Typically those types of predictions are based on a flat baseline with nothing else running. Anything including Virus software and especially with an older processor will impact processing power. Also all the mitigations for the specter and meltdown have caused your processor to be about 25% slower than it used to be. 

0 Likes