cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

damnation
Journeyman III

Can not find the driver for hp omen laptop rx580? Any help is great!

Updating my graphics drivers caused constant crashes and forced resets. I had to factory reset to get it working again. Hp website provided updated amd software but appears to be trying to update to the same drivers causing the problems. or i am assuming they are the same. Are there not going to be any driver updates for this thing. No relive. Global chill option but not any real difference. gaming laptops are always hot but oh well. its not too bad. there is not switchable graphics option as intel hd seems to be disabled. hp does not provide a lot of info on this laptop. brand new out the box and was almost a nightmare. a years worth of experience on laptops gave me enough commen sense to use hp recovery. I was looking for a copy of the driver just incase windows or something messes my current driver up. any help or insight is greatly appreciated. i seen a similar issue and recommended using the factory installed driver but cant find it any where.

Here is the infos

system:

-Graphics Card

AMD RADEON RX 580 8gb gddr5

-Laptop System

Omen by HP an012dx

-Operating System

Windows 10 64bit

-Driver version installed

Radeon Settings Version

Driver Packaging Version

17.10.1720.1001-170510a-314163C-HP

cant find this driver anywhere, hp doesn't even have it seems their download trys to update to version 18 which looked like the same deal.

-Display Devices

device manager calls it generic pnp but radeon calls it DDC Display, EDP but i know its 1920x1080 60hz

-Motherboard + Bios Revision

ummmm its a laptop and it has the latest bios from hp

-CPU/APU

core i7 7700hq, quad core, 2.8ghz

-Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage

230 watt laptop charger and I'm assuming the desktop driver is not going to allow the 230 watts to cut it

-RAM

12gb system ram

Describe your issue:

doom caused my first issue. system stats were horrible on opengl so i switched it to vulkan which is supposed to be for amd. this caused my first crash which was on the original driver i think. (i was hitting well over 120fps tho lol)  I installed the rx580 driver because windows installed a generic one after the crash which was indeed awful. the version 18.whatever it was caused constant crashing in every game. i fixed by factory reset and then i set doom to v-sync on vulkan and lowered some settings (due to intel cpu heat) haven't had a crash since.

most games select high settings on default which is okay. quake champions i lowered settings to medium and mostly low to achieve 120 due to the fps dependent input. (this makes a huge difference even if your on a 60hz screen. quake champs is the only game that does this for some reason).

I'm just looking for proper driver and any updates so i can reinstall in the future just incase i crash again. I have all windows updates and hp updates. for some reason i don't have intel graphics but I'm not really worried about it. i bought this thing for the power. I am impressed with it as far performance but there is huge lack of support for it.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Went to HP Support for your Laptop: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support .

Make sure you have the following Drivers updates from the above link:

BIOS - FIRMWARE PACK (INTEL PROCESSORS) - 03/02/2018

INTEL HD GRAPHICS DRIVER - 11/29/2017

AMD HD GRAPHICS DRIVER (WINDOWS 10 v1709) - 11/29/2017

INTEL MANAGEMENT ENGINE INTERFACE (WINDOWS 10 v 1709) - 11/29/2017

Try installing the HP drivers first and see if it works correctly by :

HOW TO UPDATE LAPTOP GRAPHICS: Laptop graphics update...How to

HOW TO ACTIVATE SWITCHABLE GRAPHICS IN A LAPTOP: Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

Try this basic method of uninstalling and reinstalling AMD Drivers.

First download the correct Full AMD driver set from AMD Support for your Mobile : Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.2.1 Release Notes

Make sure your Windows Operating System (10/8.1/8.0/7) is fully updated via Windows Update (including Optionals).

Disconnect the Internet from your computer to prevent it from installing a different GPU Driver than the one you are installing.

Use Windows Control Panel -Uninstall Feature to uninstall all AMD Drivers and software. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to completely eliminate all traces of the old AMD drivers and software related to the GPU.

Delete C:\AMD Folder. This prevents New and Old AMD driver files from installing and corrupting the installation process.

After rebooting from DDU, Reinstall the new AMD Full set of drivers. If it installed correctly, again delete C:\AMD folder to save Hard Disk space and reconnect to the Internet.

i have seen both how to update graphics and how to activate switchable graphics. when i check device manager there is no sign of intel hd anywhere. and when i look for my specific mobile rx580 driver i cant find it. i only find desktop rx580. last time i was using 18.2.1 my laptop kept crashing in quake and doom. i have all of the hp drivers saved to my laptop. i have confirmed that i have both the bios and intel management update installed. i have not tried the intel hd or the amd update as my laptop is working. i need a little more specifics. if this doesn't work clean installing will eliminate the driver i currently have and i will be forced to factory reset again,

0 Likes