cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rehnee2017
Newcomer

can my videocard be used for video editing?

I have a radeon hd 4600 with the latest graphics and a 3.39ghz a4 5300 cpu. Can I use it for video editing for at least 1080p in quality?

0 Likes
4 Replies
amplighter
Adept III

This would depend on the software one is using as each software developer creates their own specs. It is best to randomly select a program like Photoshop etc and view their specs.

0 Likes
atmosphere
Challenger

The HD4600 is as far as i know no longer supported with current drivers. 

So, you wont get any hardware acceleration, and no DX12 support. Though through Linux, it might be possible but with reduced acceleration support... 

You will actually have to try.. Keep in mind that older software (version) will be more suited to the driver and hardware. So think Win7 and DX9/opencl enabled editors... 

Personally, i think you might be better try to get a second hand rx470 4GB if you have that option.

But, if you have any budget, a ryzen 3 2200g apu + mobo and mem bundle (or used) will be a way better option.

(And please dont go the win7 route,.. not secure. Linux, should work.. but your CPU lacks cores, and the GPU is not build for recent software. Though with patience, it will suffice if the point is just trying so to see if videoediting is worth investing in for you.. 

So good luck, hope that gives you a hint which suits your usecase...

TLDR: depending on software, it can, though it wont be a good experience performance-wise. If you are serious about editing, upgrade if you can. Otherwise old software is a must, or forget HW-accelaration. Linux might be a very good option though might be a big step if you have not used it before.

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I'm sorry that is simply not enough for today's video editors.

Even if it works, which I doubt it, not even 720p will have a smooth timeline and rendering would take really long hours to complete.

I had a 4870 and to produce a 480p 6min vídeo on sony vegas was already a bit of a torture. 

Even Pascal Quadro GPUs from nvidia are being dropped by latest photoshops.

The Englishman
0 Likes
briansmith
Journeyman III

Certainly! Your Radeon HD 4600 and A4 5300 CPU are a bit dated when it comes to video editing, but you can still use them for basic 1080p video editing. However, there are some important considerations:

1. Hardware Limitations: While your hardware meets the minimum requirements for video editing, you may experience slower rendering times and limited capabilities compared to modern GPUs and CPUs. Editing software may not run as smoothly, especially with complex projects.

2. Software Choice: The choice of video editing software matters. You'll want to use lightweight and beginner-friendly software to maximize your system's capabilities. Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro might be too demanding for your setup, but you can try free or less resource-intensive options like DaVinci Resolve, HitFilm Express, or even CapCut (as you mentioned).

3. Video Resolution: Editing 1080p video should be manageable, but editing 4K or higher resolutions might be a struggle with your hardware. Stick to 1080p for smoother editing.

4. Upgrade Potential: If you find yourself getting into video editing more seriously, consider upgrading your hardware in the future. A more powerful CPU and GPU will greatly improve your editing experience and allow you to work with higher quality videos.

Regarding the mention of "CapCut for Pro Mod Apk," I must advise against downloading and using modified or pirated software versions, as they are often illegal and may expose your computer to security risks. It's always best to use legitimate, licensed software to ensure both legality and security.

In conclusion, your hardware can be used for basic 1080p video editing, but you may encounter performance limitations with more demanding tasks. Consider upgrading your hardware in the future if you decide to pursue video editing more seriously.

0 Likes