cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rubicor
Journeyman III

Can i use 144hz with my graphic card?

Hi, i would like to know if my graphic card would work with a monitor of 144hz with freesync, or it will just develop as if it was a 60Hz monitor. An example of the monitor that i want is this 

MSI Optix MAG241C 23.6" LED FullHD 144 Hz FreeSync 

Hope someone can solve my doubt.

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Likes
3 Replies

Your card may not support Freesync, here's old list

Download GPU-Z, use its 'Lookup" button, should give you exact model of your card.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

thank you for all your answers!, with that software it says that my graphic card is this one https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/msi-r9-280x-gaming.b2533 

So i think is not compatible with 144hz and this kind of monitors like the msi one that i posted right?, For me the graphic card is working perfectly and i dont want to change it, so if it cannot fit that i will continue using my actual screen ^^.

0 Likes
amdbooger
Adept II

Hi!!

Unless you are having terrible tearing issues, I would not even worry about Freesync.  The whole purpose of Freesync is to sync the refresh rate with FPS, eliminating tearing.  I would guess though, you are not having tearing issues with a 200 series card, even the 290x.

I would save the $199.99 that monitor cost, sell your 290x for $100.00 and buy a Vega 56 new for $279.00 USD off NewEgg.....ASRock Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX Vega 56 DirectX 12 RX VEGA 56 8G Video Card - Newegg.com 

THEN, you could save up and actually think about really utilizing Freesync and a high refresh rate monitor.