cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kraken_emall
Journeyman III

can I pair and expect Ryzen 3 3200g +5600xt 6g and achieve 60fps or higher in 1080p in most demanding games even in low res or better?

Hello,

I have a Ryzen 3 3200g. it is a 4 cores with vega 8.

I am surprised how powerful that little thing is. Unfortunately it is frankly a little short for decent 1080p gaming with newest games.

I am a noob in arena of APU.

I expect that a GPU + an APU can work together and not just classic GPU and shutting off Vega 8 out of Ryzen 3 3200g?

I am not looking at playing video games in most eye candy ways and I am wondering if I can hit 60 fps or higher in 1080p using a Ryzen 3 3200g + 5600xt 6g in newest games

My entire setup is:

G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model F4-3000C1...  Setup using XMP feature to auto PC4 24000

GIGABYTE B450M DS3H AM4 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com 

AMD RYZEN 3 3200G 4-Core 3.6 GHz (4.0 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 65W YD3200C5FHBOX Desktop Processor ... 

APEX TX-373 Black Steel Micro ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 300W Power Supply - Newegg.com  (that is why I would plan 5600xt max, psu calculators gave me the ok by 7 watts margin)

And also a Samsung EVO 860 500gigs

Thank you in advance,

New to AMD and happy so far

0 Likes
2 Replies
atmosphere
Challenger

It really depends on the game.. the 5600XT will do nice in most current games in 1080p, but dont crank new games towards Very high or Ultra, high should work in most cases.. 

The main issue would become you CPU in terms of thread-count... the 3200G is based on Zen+, and will perform good as such, the core count and disabled SMT will slow you down in certain games as game engines are starting to use multithreading more and more... 

for example: the XBox one X uses modfied FX cores (if i remeber correctly) and has 8 of them.. next gen looks to have 8 cores as well but with SMT enabled and as such can execute 16 threads at a time. 

Your APU has 4 cores, and 4 threads.

Simply put: next gen controls 16 Monsters at a time, where you does 4. To get to 16 enemies your CPU will take 3 more cycles/turns to control all 16. Next gen console will do 64 in those cycles...

(when forgetting that next gen looks to get Zen2, which is faster than Zen+ in most ways.)

But most e-sport titles will run fine.

Still,.. take the 5600xt... and drop in a 3600 if you mobo can handle it... seems the most sensible upgrade path.. 

Thank, and just a word of caution though.. dont OC and maybe look for an 450W PSU or.beter if you plan to do some overclocking.. but even if you dont OC it will be quite an upgrade when compared to APU graphics. 

And with the R3700x dropping in price lately that also might be an options at that time,... 

just keep an eye open they dont go out of stock  .. still a 3600 might be the better match for your mobo, and you should check if you can just drop it in, or do a bios update .. or maybe the mobo cant handle the additional power requirement.. but as GPU choise.. the 5600xt is a good choise, considering your system, higher-performance cards (rx5700(xt) would create problems for the CPU, and you wont use its full potential. Until you upgrade /) but you alos would benefit going for the rx5600 when upgrading the CPU.. So, performance will improve in any case..  id go the 5600xt route, pick-up an 3600 and 500+W PSU later on.. 

RX580 would also get you a nice boost but in newer games, you might have to drop some settings. Still im running a rx480 8GB and i can play most games at high (or beter).. FC5 has some set to medium, but there my CPU is more an issue.

0 Likes