cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lazxndr
Journeyman III

Can i make radeon rx 6800m primary gpu ?

Hello!
I recently bought the Asus ROG STRIX G15 advantage edition (AMD Ryzen 9 5900x AMD Radeon RX 6800m) and i had a bit of a headache trying to make the dedicated gpu be used. I tried searching what i should do but everywhere i saw that i have to change the gpu workload in amd radeon settings but i cant find it and i dont really know what i should do. 

1 Solution

If you are talking about choosing which graphics to use for a game or application...Windows handles that. Go to Settings / System / Display..and scroll down to Graphics.

( You browse for the game(s) exe file )

Screenshot_1.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you are talking about choosing which graphics to use for a game or application...Windows handles that. Go to Settings / System / Display..and scroll down to Graphics.

( You browse for the game(s) exe file )

Screenshot_1.png

Sky119_
Adept I

i have an AMD laptop with a rx 5600m. i was able to disable the igpu but it ended up performing worse and having more stutters, from what i understand the igpu works when in an easy task and when its a more difficult task the dgpu kicks in

another thing that happened when i disabled the dgpu is it struggled to line up video and audio, and also had a display failure. i would just say... dont do it.