cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

themoon
Journeyman III

Can I Have 3 monitor working on an AMD Radeon R9 280X 3072 Mo, with 1 Dvi, 1 HDMI and 1 HDMI thru a mini displayport active adapter? With which resolution?

Can I Have 3 monitor working on an AMD Radeon R9 280X 3072 Mo, with 1 Dvi, 1 HDMI and 1 HDMI thru a mini displayport active adapter? With which resolution?

3 Replies

That would be up to the maker of your model card as to what it supports. You gave no information on your maker or model. While AMD has reference specs that doesn't mean makers follow them. In fact most cards are not reference models. You should be able to get this information from your card makers website or their support department. If you want one of us to help please reply back with the model and maker.

I can tell you that I googled this and tons of people are complaining that 2 monitors work but not 3. That doesn't mean it can't work as I don't know what your specs are but going to 3 may require a very specific setup and possibly certain adapters to do it. 

0 Likes

Thank you for your quick answer. It’s a MSI R9 280x and i didn’t find a clear answer on their website. I don’t understand if need to use only the 2 mini display port with a spliter on one or if I can use what Amd calls legacy port on  2 displays  and the third on a minidisplay+active adapter.

0 Likes

Okay you didn't give your model still but I looked at a couple on their site they both say this.  "Up to 6 displays with the use of a DP MST Hub"

Not really sure what part you need but their support department should be able to tell you exactly what you need or if you can do 3 at a given resolution with the existing ports. 

0 Likes