cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

malaikacheema
Journeyman III

Can I add VisionTek Radeon 7750 to a PC with a RTX 2070/3070 graphics card?

I need to run 6 4k monitors for work and casually game on 1 of the monitors. The other 5 monitors will be running simple tasks not graphic intensive.

I have found out that VisionTek Radeon 7750 can support 4 4k monitors. Will I be able to add this to the motherboard and run the other 2 monitors through the powerful Nvidia graphics card like 2070/3070 and game on one of the 2 monitors?.

Is this a possibility or am I dreaming? Website

Other option I had was buying 2 cards, but that will be more expensive and 2 RTX3060 wont be able to handle gaming at 4k I assume.

If you have any more solutions I'm open to them.

0 Likes
2 Replies

There might be a conflict between the Nvidia and AMD Graphics drivers.

Found this  article that shows which GPU cards are best for a 6 Display setup: https://medium.com/daniels-tech-world/graphics-cards-gpus-that-support-six-and-more-outputs-a1322cfc...

Here is another Multi-Monitor site that advertises MST hubs and AMD GPU card: https://multimonitorcomputer.com/best-6-monitor-gaming-video-cards.php

Please note that all Non-RX AMD GPU Cards are now legacy and not supported with AMD Driver updates. The last AMD driver for Legacy GPUs, depending on which GPU your purchase, is from 06/21/2021. So there are no Windows 11 drivers. The Windows 10 drivers should  work in Windows 11 but if it doesn't then you are out of luck.

As mentioned some Consumer GPU cards can support 6 displays using one or two DP Ports on the GPU card using MST Technology.

Some MST Hubs can support 3 Displays.

AMD Professional GPU cards many support 6 Displays but not sure if at 4K resolutions or not.

It is best to get all the same manufacturer GPU Cards.

For instance with AMD GPU card that supports 6 Displays with MST Hubs you can use AMD Eyefinity to set up your displays.

I don't know if Eyefinity will work with Nvidia GPU cards or if Nvidia has something similar to Eyefinity .

Most likely you can use Windows Settings - Display to configure AMD/Nvidia GPU Cards in the same system.

0 Likes

This AMD Professional GPU Card supports 6 Displays at 4k Resolutions. It is the Radeon Pro VII :

Screenshot 2022-01-17 213739.png

Also the AMD Professional GPU card Radeon Pro W6800:

Screenshot 2022-01-17 213739.png

According to AMD Download page for drivers for this GPU card it uses both AMD Professional (Radeon Pro) and Consumer Drivers (Adrenaline).

But it isn't cheap.

0 Likes