cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

painmaker
Adept II

Call of duty modern warfare closes by it's own.

When i play Cod MW after a few minutes, of  gameplay the game suddenly freezes and the game closes by it's own, i do not know what to do. Core I5 , 8GB RAM , R9 380 4GB. WIN 10 .Anyone has the same problem? The problem exists with Current/Previous drives. I have "clean install" the drivers but still.... Maybe it is  Activision's fault.

0 Likes
2 Replies
cupofredtea
Journeyman III

Re: Call of duty modern warfare closes by it's own.

Usually, when games just close themselves it means they don't get enough RAM. In the requirements, it says it needs 8Gb and u have 8Gb total, but the OS will use a decent portion of it, +iirc whatever is in your VRAM will get mirrored into the RAM. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure it needs more memory. You can increase a paging file (a file on ur hard drive that will act as an extension of RAM, but hard drive's reading speed is much slower than a RAM's and chances are ur game will just stutter) or just buy more RAM, it's the easiest and cheapest part to upgrade :') 8Gb is not enough for any modern games anyway

painmaker
Adept II

Re: Call of duty modern warfare closes by it's own.

Yes i could just buy more ram however the problem is that i have 2x4 GB, M/B supports max 8GB, it has 2 slots for RAM . Might increase paging file with an ssd. I will try it.

0 Likes