cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Buzzing coming from 5700 XT on latest driver?

I have a Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT. It sounds like a whine coil but I don't think it is. It happens primarily when I scroll or move windows around the screen, not doing anything intensive. Can literally be on Firefox or Chrome (w/ and w/o hardware acceleration). When I turn off Adrenaline, it seems to be gone and quiet. I see that some people have gone back to Driver 19.9.2 and it seems to have gone away. Can anyone confirm this?

I don't want to RMA it ( I can still return it), but don't want to keep going through this stuff when I dropped $450 on a card.

3 Replies
nordvargr
Adept III

I'm experiencing similar issue on my Sapphire Nitro+, at first I thought its coil whine, but I'm not sure anymore (I haven't tested it with older drivers).

bearcat22
Miniboss

Sounds like coil whine to me too, but I'm not sure. You should look at all the problems people are having with the 5700 series cards on this forum. Most of them are driver related, but still. My advice to you is to return it like you said you can still do. It could me 6 months or more before AMD gets things ironed out. If ever. 

You're right, I think it is coil whine. I'm RMA'ing and think I'm going back to team green. I really wanted to love this card. Hopefully a 2070S won't have the same issue. Obviously every card is different, but as minor as that seems, it's just annoying.

0 Likes