Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ingwer97
Journeyman III

BSOD Video Scheduler Internal Error RX5700 XT 19.7.3

Hello all, 

I had/have the same Problems like many other owners of the RX 5700 XT. Driver Crashes, Blackscreens etc. 

I really tried a lot to find a solution. 

I think my System got more stable when i went back to an older BIOS version ( Asus X470 F Gaming: 5007 back to 4804), after clean Installation of Windows not upgrading to Win 10 1903 and the newest Driver 19.7.3.

Now I didn't see a blackscreen anymore but I get a Bluescreen instead.

It says: Video Scheduler Internal Error. Most of the time the System is stable even in Benachmarks like Heaven or Superposition. The BSOD often Comes in Idle mode. 

Every time I installed the Drivers I used DDU in safemode before.

I cant really tell if the Card is just broken and a new one would just work fine or if it is a Driver Problem and i just have to wait for more dirver updates.

Maybe some one here has a solution for this Bluescreen or some tipps i did not tried yet.

My System:

Asus X470 F Gaming (bios 4048, newest AMD Chipsetdrivers)

Ryzen 5 3600X

32 GB G.Skill Trident Z

RX 5700 XT 

Cooler Master V550 PSU

PS.: When i put in my Asus ROG STRIX Vega 56 i have now Problems at all.

10 Replies
shinkojiro
Miniboss

Your cards not broken, 19.7.3 is broken, for navi at least. Just rollback to the last that was stable for you, which was 19.7.1 for me.

0 Likes
tainlin
Journeyman III

I'm having similar issues with my 5700xt on a Asus x470-f board with 5700xt. I would love to know what the best solution is. It seems there might be a problem with the PCIE 4/3 that maybe bios related. I'm getting close to the in-store return period on the card. Any help is appreciated. (I used DDU, to go back to the older drivers will mixed results)

0 Likes
fuzzbling
Journeyman III

This happens with version 19.7.5 as well. Some games just work fine (Rage 2, Fallout 76, Rocket League) but many do not and it's almost always been when trying to switch to full screen. Using windowed-borderless works most of the time (not GTA5).

0 Likes
jingeonline
Journeyman III

I have the same problem as your. From the pc build up, it constantly BSOD with this error, no matter which version drive i use. It frequently crush even if i just watch youtube video. I am crazy hell looking for a solution. 

CPU: 3700x

GPU: 5700xt

Motherboard: MSI-B450M

Memory: 32G

I personally guess it could be the compatibility problem of this GPU with my motherboard. What do you think guys?

electric_delicate
Journeyman III

Same here with my RX 5700, randomly BSODs (video scheduler internal error) in idle or low load situations, Games works like a charm. With two different RX 5700 already testet, same problem! Also reported today at AMD, please fix this now!

silverfuror
Journeyman III

It seems to be a chipset driver problem as described here:

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT - Video Scheduler Internal Error : AMDHelp

I have the same issue.

Best you can do now is check PCI Express and if its x8 it means that it will crash. After rebooting it should be x16 then you will be fine.

I hope AMD fixes it soon.

Here is my config :

• Ryzen 5 3600
  • RX5700
  • Tomahawk B450 MAX
electric_delicate
Journeyman III

Huh, my last try before I send back the card seems to be working.

I´ve deinstalled the actual Chipset- and Radeon- driver and have reinstalled only the Radeon driver. From now my RX 5700 do not show the BSOD anymore. How can it be?

0 Likes

false alert, the BSOD is back again. I´m really disapointed from AMD ....

0 Likes

So, now I send back the card, after the third reinstallation of Windows and switch back to my "old" RX 590, the system runs absolutely stable again.
That is embarrassing for AMD, because the problem do occur obviously only on AMD only systems.
0 Likes
deve12
Journeyman III

You can fix this video scheduler error simply by updating your monitor and display driver. For more solution you can check this post to fix video scheduler error

0 Likes