cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mike_094_loren
Journeyman III

BSOD video driver

Good afternoon. I need your help. Reinstalled windows on the HP laptop pavilion g6 1216er. After installing the driver on the video card (radeon 6620g) and rebooting the system, BSOD appears. We have to restore the system to the recovery point. The driver downloaded from the official site, performed a search through the Device Manager. Nothing helps. Everything ends with the appearance of BSOD. I tried to put win8 and win10. Also tried to install earlier versions of the driver. The result is the same. Please help install the video card driver. Thank you. (translated from Russian with translate.google.com)

0 Likes
4 Replies

First HP Support has no drivers for Windows 10 only Windows 8 and below. So it is possible your Laptop doesn't support Windows 10. Need to contact HP SUPPORT to see if it does.

What type of CPU/APU do you have installed? If you have a AMD APU installed you need to download the APU Driver from AMD Support: AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops and not the 6620g Driver unless you have an Intel CPU/APU installed.

What are the BSOD errors that you are getting?

Thank you for coming to the rescue.

elstaci написал(а):

First HP Support has no drivers for Windows 10 only Windows 8 and below. So it is possible your Laptop doesn't support Windows 10. Need to contact HP SUPPORT to see if it does.

Support for Windows 10 is not important. Just wanted to test the performance of the video card under other Windows, there were thoughts that the distribution was corrupted or installed with errors.

elstaci написал(а):

What type of CPU/APU do you have installed?

AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon HD Graphics

elstaci написал(а):

What are the BSOD errors that you are getting?

0x0000007F.

I used your advice, clicked on the link, for my Win 7 x64 there are two distributions after installing the first one saw the BSOD 0x0000000A, and after installing the second one - 0x0000007F (again).

elstaci написал(а):

If you have a AMD APU installed you need to download the APU Driver from AMD Support: AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops and not the 6620g Driver unless you have an Intel CPU/APU installed.

Although previously installed the driver for 6620g and no problems occurred.

I tested RAM with memtest86, there are no errors.

I do not know how important this is, but as a rule, when the driver is installed on the graphics card, the screen flashes several times. And now this does not happen.

What else would you advise? Maybe this is a hardware problem, for example, the motherboard or the video card itself? (translated from Russian with translate.google.com)

0 Likes

If this is the driver that you installed then it is the correct APU driver: A8-3500M with Radeon™ HD 6620G Drivers & Support | AMD .

Note: There are no Windows 10 AMD APU Drivers for the A8 3xxx series APUs. These must be installed by Windows Update.

This is the correct procedure to install the AMD APU driver on your laptop: Laptop graphics update...How to

Use this CLEAN METHOD to install the AMD drivers to prevent conflicts with previous drivers (use DDU in Safe mode): Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

this is the meaning of the BSOD Error : List of Blue Screen Error Codes (STOP Codes)

0x00000007This BSOD is uncommon. BSOD error code 0x00000007 may also show "INVALID_SOFTWARE_INTERRUPT" on the same blue screen.
0x0000000AThis BSOD means that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driveraccessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. BSOD error code 0x0000000A may also show "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" on the same blue screen.

See if this fix for  BSOD Error from this website helps: 0x0000007F (UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP) – Fix for Windows

See if this web site helps in BSOD Error 0x0A: How to Fix Blue Screen 0x0000000a Error

0 Likes