Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fragnot
Journeyman III

BSoD right after i changed from RTX 3070 to Radeon 6900 XT

Greetings.

First time i ever get a BSoD on this system, and it happened right after i changed to AMD GPU (first time user). I have attached a screenshot from bluescreen viewer.Screenshot_2.jpg

Earlier today, i replaced my RTX 3070 with a RX Radeon 6900 XT. 
All drivers are updated; motherboard, sound, network, and got the newest BIOS.

This was the installation process :

- I booted in safemode, ran DDU and uninstalled the nvidia driver, shut the computer and put the new GPU in my rig.
- Then i installed the radeon software, and rebooted.

What i havent tried, is a complete clean install of windows. Just thought i would try this forum first, incase other people have tried this before.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Have you got a 850W psu (or higher depending on partner card make) and using two separate pcie cables to power the card ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

My specs : 

i7 11700k
Z490 Vision G
Lian Li Galahad 240mm
16GB Trident Z 3000MHz
Cooler Master V Series V850 SFX  Gold+ PSU (i cant remember if i have used 1 or 2 cables for the GPU - will check tomorrow)

I had added the game .exe for New World, and used the "Overclock GPU" setting.
Removed it now, and will test more tonight.

0 Likes

Allright, so the newest update from me is :

- Made a clean Windows 10 installation. 
- Installed the latest driver for this 6900 XT (the optional driver)
- I have tried the built in GPU stress test in the Radeon software. Both with balance OC profile, and the Overclock OC one, and both of em several times, and 2-3-4-5 min tests.

So my question is, is there anything else i can try, to get this tested properly?

0 Likes