cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

martinboy1974
Adept III

Re: Brightness flickering when freesync is ON in multiple games (worse since last driver update)

Well, if AMD doesnt fix this issue with brightness flickering, then I can say 100%, that it will be the last time I ever buy an AMD product.

frostygrin
Elite

Re: Brightness flickering when freesync is ON in multiple games (worse since last driver update)

The thing is, some flicker is unavoidable due to how LCD panels and Freesync itself work. I don't think you can resolve the flickering during loading screens. The only thing you can do is prevent flickering loops at certain framerates - and AMD did that. I was using an old driver, 17.2.1, and things flicker terribly if you lock the framerate at 44fps (with 48Hz Freesync minimum). It doesn't happen with newer drivers. So there was some progress.

0 Kudos
spectrert
Adept II

I have a high expectation of products to work as advertised.  I didnt pay hundreds of dollars for (what should be) an amazing solution to adjust my brightness on a random scale.

- Tested on 3 different motherboards with 2 freesync monitors per test and 2 different video cards (RX480 8gb and Vega 56).  results were consistent throughout - random brightness flicker.

So I did my part.  I tested, I contacted AMD, I posted here and I opened tickets with the monitor manufacturers (ASUS and AOC).  There was no help.  So I went to a solution that works.  Because products doing what they're advertised to to matters to me.

virion91
Journeyman III

Hello everybody. Need help I bought a monitor viewsonic 3202-c somewhere 5 months ago with support for freesync 144hz. Radeon video card r390. The trick is that with the included freesync during some games, when i changing modes on the monitor FPS, RTS, MOBA. on the monitor, the colors blue, red, green, black begin to change. The computer works further, i.e. playing music, etc... It happens in some games in itself this happens without changing the modes. It's strange that in some gamesIn light games, where 144 Hertz does not fall, such as titan quest... I can change modes and nothing. And in some, for example, the witcher begin to flash colors purely randomly - sometimes once a day, sometimes once every two days, and sometimes even once a week. If I change the window through alt tab and switch to the example on the desktop or browser, then everything becomes normal. With the freesync off - no problem. Reinstalling Windows, all possible drivers did not help.

the most interesting is putting forcibly 1980 1080 60 hz freesync on and using the displayport problem is saved. while on hdmi 1920 1080 60 hz with freesync on no problem.

21 июня 2018 г. - YouTube

0 Kudos
martinboy1974
Adept III

Please dont highjack this thread. This thread is about backlight/brightness flickering with freesync enabled. Your issue is something else. Please make a new thread with your issue.

0 Kudos
amplighter
Adept III

Not to harp on this as I could careless about using freesync and not reading every post, what has AMD said about your issue? After all this is their forum, yet they don't participate?

0 Kudos
quardah
Adept III

if you tag amdmatt​ he'll have a notification.

Maybe one day he'll reply.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you scroll to page 29 (out of 31) you'll see my last update.

0 Kudos
quardah
Adept III

amdmatt​ plz new update?? :'[

as in new driver update that fixes the issue plz ?

0 Kudos
lasers32
Journeyman III

amdmatt

Do you need more user info for cases?  I'm experiencing the same issue. Rocket league is very visible.

I'm glad to have found this post after going through an RMA on my new monitor only to have the same issue.  Now with Freesync off, I realize it's a software issue with AMD and not an issue with the hardware.

I can give you more game examples if you need them, but I'm guessing you don't.

Specs:
R9 290x 4gb

i7 4790k

16gb ram

Software Version: 18.5.1

0 Kudos