cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

sharktooth
Elite

Re: Brightness flickering when freesync is ON in multiple games (worse since last driver update)

15FPS????? there is definatly something wrong...

what games are reporting 15FPS? have you disabled Radeon Chill?

0 Kudos
quardah
Adept III

Re: Brightness flickering when freesync is ON in multiple games (worse since last driver update)

I do not have Radeon Chill enabled.

The game in question is 'The Signal From Tölva'. Without FreeSync and VSync i get over 120FPS stable but with FreeSync it's broken to a point where it's unplayable.

Another game, 'Heroes and Generals', is very stuttery in game with FreeSync and the game freezes for several seconds sometimes (10 to 15 seconds). It's entirely unplayable. When FreeSync is off the game runs smooth but under 144FPS so i guess it refreshes at 72 (which is ok, but not FreeSync).

I have saved a lot of cash since this issue because i am just not buying much games since every games are a gamble with this issue.

FreeSync is an horror to work with and i really dislike the AMD pulled this out as an 'economic alternative' to GSync. I mean this is legit flawed and broken, as unusable as alpha/beta technologies still in development state.

0 Kudos
the_slayer
Adept III

Hi there. On top of this, I must add there is brightness flickering even in Video reproduction when using AMD Fluid motion video on a supported player, like PotPlayer, when in fullscreen mode. Freesync is enabled for games if that can be useful, and we know the brightness flickering is in the games sometimes too. Also please tell the driver support to fix game close randomly without any error and doing nothing  or even sometimes when trying to show the overlay with ALT+R (which never worked), because trying to trigger the overlay, sometimes the game closes too, or it opens the overlay in background in left or right position on the window (or sometimes even at 50% opacity on the game and the rest on the desktop....). Until now I wasn't able to play games because of no freesync, now that it's fixed with 18.5.1, games close randomly, it's not nice.

0 Kudos
sharktooth
Elite

please keep your drivers up to date...

btw, i never heard of problems like yours.

i just played H&G and i had no problems... maybe it's time i unsubscribe to this thread.

0 Kudos
the_slayer
Adept III

No, a lot of other people on reddit are reporting the same behaviours as me since 18.5.1. Now games are just unplayable.

0 Kudos
ragnador
Adept II

amdmatt

How does Amd handle the "stalls" in game animation, cases where the frame rate briefly dips to zero, as on some loading screens or when content loads in the background.

i know this happened with gsync where they used a failsafe mechanism by forcing a redraw every -33msec to prevent the TN pixels to bleeding towards white ( yeah 1ms tn panels downside They are fast to bleed to white   ). Are we seeing this periodically pulledback brighness by a scan?

0 Kudos
spectrert
Adept II

I solved my problem by returning my equipment as defective to my local store and buying a 1070ti & Gsync.  Flicker gone. 

More people are going to do this AMD.  You're not listening and not solving problems. 

amplighter
Adept III

It's apparent that many of you have high expectations from a video card as well as your computer. Often you tend to throw things together then blame AMD for any issue which may occur there after. My expectations aren't set so high as I'm able to accomplish what is needed with limited resources.

I've noticed a trend within this post as well as other posts on the forums, there seems to be issues with Gigabyte & Asus computer products. Although both of these manufatures build PC boards for AMD, AMD can't be blamed for third part manufatures issues. The best one can hope for is by reporting this issue to AMD as well as any other third party manufature. There could be a flaw in the inspection system between these companies which needs to be stressed.

So next time one throws together a system and automatically blames AMD, maybe they need to not down all respective parts and contct each third party there after. Has anyone even thought to contact the freesnyc monitor company nd inform them of this issue? In otherwords stop blaming just AMD as there are companies involved in the systems over all development.

0 Kudos
martinboy1974
Adept III

There is no need to defend AMD. There is plenty of blame to put on their shoulders for releasing faulty drivers that have flickering issues with freesync enabled. An issue that has been going on for months now. Freesync is an AMD technology.

I have tried 2 different freesync cards and different DP cables. I have tried every driver version since version 17. I have reinstalled windows. I have done everything AMD level 1 support asked me to do.

When Freesync is enabled it works as it should regarding no tearing and smooth gameplay. The only issue is the brightness flickering.

I shouldnt have to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to get freesync to work. It should work out of the box.

quardah
Adept III

Are you kidding?

My GPU is from Sapphire and my mobo from ASRock. I have nothing from Gigabyte or Asus.

It's silly to blame something else because the issue only exists when FreeSync is turned on (AKA AN AMD TECHNOLOGY)

Even on the green team (nvidia) people just strap a system together with compatible parts and they make the best out of it. But when it comes to GSync there is no flickering. Should we praise everyone else than nvidia for having a functioning setup in a functioning technology?

Your comment makes no sense.