cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

tomanek
Adept I

Re: Brightness flickering when freesync is ON in multiple games (worse since last driver update)

freesyncflicker
Adept II

Re: Brightness flickering when freesync is ON in multiple games (worse since last driver update)

Thanks for the tip.

I see falling back to older drivers as a workaround not a solution.

I'm pretty sure I've got Xbox DVR disabled.

But I can't retest stuff until in like 2 weeks.

crayraven
Adept III

Xbox DVR is disabled and I still get the problem.

redvolcano7
Adept I

Yeah, thanks for trying to help but this is not really a solution. I don't want to sacrifice that nice performance gain as these drivers come before the ReLive update. Do you have a XG2401 monitor or experiencing FreeSync flickering yourself or did you just assume this would work? Thanks for helping again though.

0 Kudos
agentc27
Adept I

I just updated to 17.5.2 drivers and can confirm the flickering still exists. Amd really needs to fix this.

devastationbg
Adept I

+ ME

WHQL 17.4.4 also trying 17.5.2 Non-Whql flickering on Company of Heroes 2, Hearts of Iron IV and World of Tanks. So unstable drivers

0 Kudos
crayraven
Adept III

I'm not sure if this is a pattern or not. But what I noticed is that the flickering often begins in games that are locked to 60fps. I play Street Fighter V and its locked to 60fps, its usually when I'm playing the game is when the flickering occurs. Also, heroes of the storm.....the character select screen/main menu is locked to 60fps. I have my monitor refresh rate set to 75hz (its max). I'm using the LG34UM67.

redvolcano7
Adept I

Yeah, I think I noticed this too. In fact, unlocking the framerate on the CS:GO menu seemed to eliminate the flickering if I recall. This is interesting, I wonder if this kind of information can help AMD solve the problem.

0 Kudos
kokan
Journeyman III

I got a very identical experience so far.

W10 up to date, i7 6700K, 850evo SSD, 16Gb DDR4 Ram, Gygabite Z170MX-Gaming 5 and ACER XZ321Q.

For the GPU I already tried 2:

XFX 580X 8Gb and now Red Devil 580X 8Gb and for both if Free Sync is on with a refresh rate > 60Hz then I get the flicker. It is extremely noticeable while on the Warhammer Total War menu. It is noticeable as well on the campaign map

The drivers have always been up to date and I have never seen the issue go away because of it. But same as you, it occasionally stops even if I didn't change or update anything, just to come back soon after.

0 Kudos
scrati
Adept I

I have the exact same issue:

PowerColor Red Devil RX480

AOC G2460PF @144Hz

Driver 17.5.1

Games tested: GTA 5 and Diablo 3 --> Both flickering occurs (backlight seems to pulse)