cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

calmcgregor48
Journeyman III

Bright Lights (possibly artifacts) showing up during games, but never any other time - Vega 56

**STROBE WARNING FOR ATTACHED VIDEO**

Hi, 

I've been having problems with possible artifacts coming up on my screen during games. When I quit games, the dots of the screen go away. It's only started the past couple of days, but it's become a real issue. 

I've tried reinstalling drivers, making sure the GPU isn't overclocked, underclocked the GPU, reset graphics drivers, reinstalled Windows and pretty much everything else under the sun that forums say. The GPU temps don't seem to be unusually high, so I don't think that's an issue and the fans are working fine.

I've attached a video of Doom, and the things showing up there.

If anybody can tell me what's up, I'll be eternally grateful.

Cheers.

0 Likes
1 Reply
vialli100
Forerunner

Can't open your video!

Artefacts on a bad GPU will normally only show up when being pushed (say in game)..

Try taking it apart and putting new thermal paste or replace the thermal pad, it won't make much difference if the GPU is going bad..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes