cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

internal_amazing
Journeyman III

Bricked one of the dual vbios, unable to restore the broken vbios; Asus ROG Strix 5700 XT

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: Asus ROG Strix 5700 XT

CPU: Intel Core i5-10600k

Motherboard: Asus Prime Z490-A

BIOS Version: 017.001.000.049

RAM: 32GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200MHZ CL16

PSU: Corsair CX-F CX750F 750W 80+ Bronze Fully Modular

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 Home 19042.868

GPU Drivers: 20.20.29.01-200910a-359160C-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020

Description of Original Problem: I tried flashing a modded rom to my vbios. This gpu has dualbios, one of the bios bricked.

Troubleshooting: I switched to the healthy bios and trying to restore the bricked bios with a usb flash drive, with a backup.

After loading the bios to set the boot priority to the usb drive, I turn off my pc, switch the dual bios switch to the bricked bios, and power up. The boot usb does not load, only a black screen. I tried using a displayport cable and hdmi cable connected to my motherboard (cpu with integrated graphics) and gpu.

When booting on the bad bios with the flash drive, no asus motherboard prompt for loading into bios pops up, spamming delete,F2, does not take me to bios, just a black screen no input display.

I confirmed the usb is functional by switching to the healthy vbios and loading the usb, and am able to perform commands.

I want to restore my broken vbios so that I can have 2 healthy bios.

I made the usb flash drive from this video, using the files from this site, with a backup I generated from Tech Powerup GPU-Z before I started flashing the modded bios.

0 Likes
0 Replies