cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

reverend95
Journeyman III

Brand new Gigabyte RX 5600 XT issue

Got the Gigabyte RX 5600 XT OC 6G edition yesterday. Cannot get it running however. AMD driver installation freezes the whole system as soon as it starts detecting hardware and system compatibility. I have to force restart the PC. Used DDU to clean all previous drivers, formatted my entire drive and did a fresh install of Windows 10 and the issue persists. 
My System Specifications:

Asus Maximus V Gene LGA1155

Intel Core i5 3570K

16 GB Corsair Vegeance DDR3 ( 4 x 4 GB)

Corsair RM650 PSU

Corsair H100i GTX AIO

Tried on a friends system, same issue, the entire system crashes at this point of driver installation as given in the attached picture.

I am at a loss, is the card DOA? or is the driver the issue, tried the same friends GTX 1660 Ti on my system, works absolutely fine. I have also updated the GPU VBIOS to the latest version with the gigabyte aorus engine, and the issue still persists.

0 Likes
7 Replies
koszalek
Adept III

hi, driver version?

0 Likes
node31
Adept I

Did you updated vBIOS before problems with driver instaltion, or after? 

0 Likes
notvladel
Journeyman III

I posted my reply here but if you get any solutions I would like to know too  

0 Likes
ezemeriggi
Adept I

I have the exact same issue.
I tried to install the drivers with the old bios and also with the new one, same issue. The whole system crash during installation.
And I also had to reinstall windows, I mean it even corrupts your windows installation it's crazy!

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

Thank you for providingthe details I request you to give a try by performing cleaninstallation of 20.2.2 driver to your OS by using the DDU utility and  check the issue status .I suggest you to please disable thewindows auto update in the "Show and hide" toolhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/3183922/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-reinstal... To beon the safer side, I request you to please create System Restore pointbefore performing any troubleshooting steps.·        Step1 – Please use DDU Utility (DisplayDriver Uninstaller) by launching it in Safe mode and uninstall the previousdriver. It will help you completely uninstall AMD graphics card driversand packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind.·        Step2 – then restart your computer again and enter into the normal windows mode.·        Step3 - install all the critical and recommended updates from Windows. (makesure windows is not installing the display driver)·        Step4 – Again restart the computer and then install 20.2.2 drivers by clicking thisbelow link. Please disconnect the network connection and disableantivirus before running the installer file.https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-...

hi, this is a message from amd support, try to install drivers this way, of course instead of rx5700xt drivers find to your graphics card
0 Likes
swirf
Journeyman III

SWIRF TV fixes 5600 xt blue screen of death / video tdr failure / amd radeon adrenalin , no crashes ... 

here is a video outlining the follow steps i took to fix 5600 xt issues

zero crashes after 4 days so far

( i do not guarantee this will work for you)

this worked for me using:
gigabyte 5600 xt gaming oc 6g , with FA0 bios
msi mpg x570 gaming plus (newest bios)
ryzen 5 3600 (@4.3 ghz)
corsair vengeance rgb pro 32 GB (16 x 2 ) (@3600 mhz)

windows 10 ( dont think home / pro / build number makes a diff here, microsoft isnt to blame (this time)

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PROBLEMS, DAMAGE, ETC.

1. uninstall radeon software (if freezes or has error dont worry goto 2)
2. run amd clean up utility (if freezes or has error dont worry goto 3)
3. boot windows into safe mode with networking (hold shift while clicking reboot in windows)
4. download and install display driver uninstaller
5. uninstall all gpu stuff and chipset stuff , using ddu , (display driver uninstaller)
6. reboot
7. check device manager, make sure display adapter says generic device, if not repeat steps 1 - 6

8. download amd chipset drivers directly from amd, selecting the appropriate categories (for AMD CPU users,,,, (((i would imagine the same would hold true for intel cpus),
                              ( i didnt use ones from my mobo manufacturer) 
9. install the latest correct chipset drivers only from amd, (intel for blue team) ( NO ADRENALIN OR GPU STUFF FROM AMD)

10. reboot
11. download adrenalin, unpack it, (( it will show a generic unzip progress bar, let it finish, when the fancy splash screen comes up that say "do you want to install adrenalin" "CLICK CLOSE / NO                            ****** DO NOT INSTALL ADRENALIN OR ANY AMD GPU SOFTWARE **** we are just unpacking it to get to the drivers
12. goto device manager right click on generic display driver, hit update driver 
                       > select "browse my computer for driver software"
                           > choose "let me pick from a list......"   
                                 > choose "have disk"
                                      > goto the folder that adrenalin unpacked to ussually c:\amd , im not sure what subfolder it is in, i think one that says adrenalin, either way locate C0353065.inf (i beleive there was a driver subfolder and like a win32 / win64 etc folders, choose the one appropriate for your system)   (this may differ slightly for diff versions in the future)  click ok, choose the top 5600 xt driver, click next, 

13. (this should install the driver without adrenalin, device manager should now say "5600 xt" under display adapters)
              >>>>>>>>>>> reboot

congratulations, no more crashes (AMD please fix your software or make it alot easier to install just the  drivers, nvidia doesnt force u to use geforce experience, cough , cough

14. can  over clock with asus gpu tweaker ii

0 Likes
hipic
Adept I

I'm on a similar boat. Since I installed the graphics card, my system has trouble booting up. It either freezes when windows is booting up or freezes on the login screen. If the computer boots up and reaches windows, I get BSODs "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" atikmpag.sys while doing simple tasks, like using the browser.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers several times, using either AMD Cleanup Utility or Driver Display Uninstaller (DDU). It didn't solve the problem. I've tried different drivers: 26.20.15019.19000, and 26.20.15029.15004. It also didn't solve the issue. I'm starting to think it's not a software issue since I have problems before reaching windows... A clean install of windows also didn't solve the problem.

I have no problems with my old card, an MSI RX 480. Right now, I have a $300 brick sitting on my desk, and Gigabyte support doesn't reply to me...

RX 5600 XT GAMING OC 6G, FA0 BIOS

i7 4790K @ 4.00 GHz

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO

G.SKILL Trident X 8GB DDR3-2400MHz

Windows 10 Pro

0 Likes