cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nico1995
Journeyman III

Bought a 5700 xt referance model from gigabyte i want to put a waterblock on it but it got problems.

bsod ,crashes and flickeringblack screen (reset button needed). is this a normal driver issue or should i RMA?

driver:19.8.1

0 Likes
1 Solution
spoolinx86
Adept I

I had similar issue on my reference MSI card until I undervolted using the settings someone posted on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cigjea/5700xt_my_experience_drivers_bugs_and/ 

When the card got hot (over 82c) I had flickering and full system crashes. 

Now my card runs under 70c (usually 52-60c) and I haven't had any problems. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
spoolinx86
Adept I

I had similar issue on my reference MSI card until I undervolted using the settings someone posted on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cigjea/5700xt_my_experience_drivers_bugs_and/ 

When the card got hot (over 82c) I had flickering and full system crashes. 

Now my card runs under 70c (usually 52-60c) and I haven't had any problems. 

0 Likes

im giving this a go returning with feedback later

0 Likes

crashed with video output lost reset button needed in apex

0 Likes

using this profile but upping the volt to 953mv makes it close enough to stable

0 Likes

I started having more system crashes and returned the card, bought a 2070 Super instead which has been completely stable and runs way cooler. Sucks I had to spend more money but less frustration to deal with is worth it to me.

0 Likes
farns
Adept I

Turn off enhanced sync, Turn off Hardware acceleration in FF or IE. Update to the new driver, just came out. Uninstall any third party AV, Reboot. And or use DDU reinstall tool in safemode, Reboot. Install the newest driver. Reboot. Then finally if all else fails reinstalls windows and do not install a third party Antivirus until windows is fully updated. Helped me.

0 Likes