Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

ryanjt123
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Blurry Screen Since Updating Windows 10 - R9 290X

I have an AMD Sapphire Tri - X R9 290X installed. I checked the drivers and made sure they were up to date.

Last night windows 10 updated again stretched my screen off the monitor so I went to the screen scaling option in the Radeon settings and fixed it.

Now all of my icons,text, games, etc. is all blurry and poor quality. I don't know if I posted this in the right area, but I'm hoping someone can help.

I have gone through the forums and nothing helps. with everything up to date. I no longer have Catalyst Control Center, which is what I used the last time windows 10 updated and caused this.

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

7 Replies
jargon
Elite
Elite

Re: My screen looks blurry after windows a 10 update

Can you provide a photo?

0 Kudos
dominikv100
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the same, except that the screen is still dim and, not entirely clear. After you do the updating of windows 10.

I have MSI RX 480 8GB.

ryanjt123
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

yes, every major update windows 10 has had it's done this. but this time catalyst control center is gone, i guess the drivers updated. and i searched the drivers on the AMD site and can't seem to find an older download for my card. I have been adjusting settings and it's gotten a bit better but its still noticeably blurry

jargon
Elite
Elite

Have you tried the drivers on this page? I would advise you to remove the currently installed AMD driver before attempting another driver installation.

Re: Blurry Screen Since Updating Windows 10 - R9 290X

I'm having the same problem.

R9 290 vapor X worked great with windows 7 ...for 5 years.

Upgraded to windows 10 and my text is blurry.

Also, the screen is too larger for the display (1920 on a 1920, I checked)

If I install the driver from the disk it fixes the problem, but then I get "stopcode 0xa0000001" every 3 days or so.

And my screen saver doesn't work. When the time is up, the screen flashes black, then back to awake.

Just tried to install 20.4.1 and I'm typing with a blurry screen. I'm about to install the disk again. But I want to find a better solution. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Yes, I found a newer driver 20.4.2 ...but I'm still having the same problem.

0 Kudos

I tried using the auto install, 20.4.2 was recommended, I tried it, then I tried 20.5.2, and no luck. I tried using an HDMI cable, no luck. Back to the original driver.

0 Kudos