cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

deployer
Journeyman III

Blinking artefacts on the screen in Assassin's creed Odyssey - RX580 8 Gb

Intel Core i5 2500 / 16 Gb DDR3 RAM / Radeon RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ PCI-E 8192Mb (11265-21-20G) / Win 10

I played about 90 hours with no issues. Then the patch 1.1.2 from Ubisoft was released and the issue appeared.

There are blinking artefacts on the screen during the gameplay. Espessially if I look to far around. I changed all graphics settings as in the game as in the radeon settings but the issue still persists. I tried several versions of drivers - 18.11.1,18.11.2, 18.12.2, 18.12.3, 19.1.2, now installed 19.2.1. 

You can say that my Radeon is broken, but all other games run just perfectly - Assassin's creed: Origins, Far Cry 3,4,5,

Kingdom come: Deliverance, Final Fantasy 15 and others.

Then I re-install Windows 10 to a very new SSD and run Assassin's creed Odissey with default Radeon drivers - version 17.1  The issue was gone. But it run with very poor FPS perfomance. So - can't play anyway.

You can see how the issue looks like by the link below. It's not mine recording but it looks very same.

Please, help!

Twitch

0 Likes
4 Replies
deployer
Journeyman III

There is no answer so far    

0 Likes

Have You solved this issue? I have same issue with same RX580 8 Gb.

0 Likes

All you can do is report the issue to AMD and hope they fix it. If it hasn't been in over a year that isn't promising but honestly a lot of people don't report the issues to AMD and they don't see it here. 

In Radeon Settings there is a Bug Report tool too you can submit the issue or

You can contact AMD support here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Good Luck!

0 Likes
Andr0ss987
Journeyman III

searching in the web i find that driver 19.8.2 has solved many of my crashing issues, give it a try.

by the way, it scares me a bit that i need to check which specific driver doesn't crash whith this game... i need to keep it and reinstall it if i want to play this game egain! not so good in my opinion...

0 Likes