cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Black screens with a new bought rx 5700 xt

Recently i bought a new Rx 5700 xt for gaming and when im playing games like Rust or World of Tanks etc i just get black screens all the time. I have the newest driver and as CPU i use the ryzen 5 3600.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on this issue which you can use to track status updates and provide your feedback. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
beelzebozo
Adept I

Have you tried switching the vBIOS on the card to Silent Mode?

0 Likes
madbill
Adept II

Same here,only solution for now,wait for drivers,or better buy Nvidia.Also you can try all previous drivers.If amd don't fix this,it was my last card from red team... 

pedminacar
Adept I

Hi, try installing driver 19.12.1. I faced black screens on battlefield 5 and after 5 hours of game, still haven't any issue. I have the same GPU.

0 Likes
amiconretrotv
Journeyman III

I have a 5700 XT with the same problem, black screen, crashes ... fix it since it can be a bug, disabling the acceleration by application hardware, internet browser, discord etc etc since it uses the GPU and it seems be that there is a bug there that they have to fix it. I deactivated the hardware acceleration of the internet browser and my discord and fixed the black screen problems, crashes, blockages.

0 Likes

Same problem here, constant black screens that last for a few seconds. The sound also cuts out during this time so I'm guessing it's a full loss of signal. I don't have a browser or anything else running when I'm playing a game so I can't see the hardware acceleration thing being the culprit.

I think it's time to rename AMD Fine Wine to Buck-a-Beer, cheaper but not very good.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on this issue which you can use to track status updates and provide your feedback. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

0 Likes