cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

drippy
Adept I

black screens and reboot with no signal from gpu 5800x3d 6900 xt

build is over a month old and had no issues at all , a few days ago my screen started flickering out of no where then full black screen and a reboot where i have to hold down the power button because there is no signal to monitor . i run two monitor and they both do it at the same time, i tried switching bios on the gpu and it had no affect. there has never been a BSOD. i run OCCT and everything is perfect! ive been to the depths of these forums for the last 4 days plz help.

ive done 2 fresh window install (win11) 

ive used DDU 3 times trying all the diffrent options for driver installs

ive updated bios to the newest version it makes no diffrence with D.O.C.P enabled or disabled

ive ran the memetest, ive commanded the scannow 

5800x3d/ 6900 xt merc 319 xfx black edition/ asus rog crosshair dark hero viii (wifi)/ 2 sticks of corsair 16gb rgb pro 3600 mhz/ samsung 980 evo 1 terabyte/ corsair AOI H100 i think ill dbl check when i go out to the garage/  corsair 850w gold /

im probably forgetting a bunch of other stuff as i am at my limed right now thanks

0 Likes
6 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

First thing I would look at is the power supply and/or cooling

Check your CPU/GPU temps .. with an AIO sometimes having good airflow over your VRM's AND RAM gets overlooked. IF those get too warm , that can cause issues

You always want to run separate power cables from your power supply to each power input on your GPU ..don't daisy chain power connectors off of the same power cable if you can help it

Are you using any kind of cable extenders INSIDE your case? and/or a PCIe riser cable?

Do you have the latest AM4 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com?

Any errors in your systems Event Viewer>Windows Logs>System? ..other than unscheduled shutdown or DCOM errors

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

hi i dont have any extra gpu and no one i know around me has a beefy enough pc to run my 6900, i checked all my temps on occt and everything was normal, i was thinking psu aswell when it would happen during gaming but now its as soon as i log in or even typing this msg. the errors in event viewer are all kernal power 41, all the latest drivers installed multiple times, ive been fairly stable for the last hour after in in creased the tdr to 10

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

@drippy when your screen goes black, do your fans also ramp up? were you playing a game when it blacked out?

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Arctic Liquid Freezer ii - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 5TB of Crucial P5 Gen. 4 NVMe - NR200P Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes

fans and rgb stay the same , originally it was while playing games, now its doing it all the time even right now lol

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Ok, I would try what @ThreeDee mentioned first. Do you have any other parts you can swap out to troubleshoot? Or another PC you can try the GPU in, or another GPU to try in the system? Also, Windows 10 is more stable right now for gaming. The Windows 11 22h2 update has been wreaking havoc on GPUs and gaming. The timing of your problems seems to line up as well. I would try installing a pre-22h2 version of win 11 and don't update to 22h2, or install windows 10. If I had to guess, i'd say it's that 22h2 update that's causing the problems. 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Arctic Liquid Freezer ii - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 5TB of Crucial P5 Gen. 4 NVMe - NR200P Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes

this is exactly what ive been thinking