black screen

Specs:

OS - windows 10

Processor - i5-3570k

Memory - 2 4gb ram

Motherboard - Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

Graphics Card - XFX Radeon HD 7850

Summary:

Using my dual monitor to watch and play the recently dl fortnite. Few minutes in, my monitor with fortnite flashed blue-ish vertical streaks then crashes. Had trouble booting the system but was able to after using system recovery. Next day works fine and again, dl fortnite and tried playing it while watching something on the side. Few minutes in, the monitor with fortnite flashes blue-ish vertical streaks again and crashes. This time couldn't troubleshoot, system recovery, disk repair doesn't work at all except booting in safe mode.

Thought it was the OS acting up so I took it to a Microsoft store to have it repaired. Later finding out OS was fine, boots through motherboard after taking gpu out. Tried completely removing amd gpu driver from pc and reinstalling it in safe mode. Black screen persist when trying to boot unless through motherboard. Booting the pc does turn on the fan for the gpu, but I don't see it in the device manager. 

Current Situation:

Basically I'm in denial that my gpu is dead, especially with the influx of pricing for gpu currently in the market.

"Is there something else I could try or do I face reality?????"

0 Likes
10 Replies