cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pico72
Adept I

Black screen with 6900XT while gaming

Hi, since some weeks i got blackscreens while playing Cyberpunk. I have to disconnet the psu to get the pc booting again. Recently it happened in Warzone too. Idk if this is a Software problem or if my gpu is going to die. I am on the latest chipset (X570) and radeon driver.
Specs:
TUF RX6900XT
Ryzen 9 5900x
STRIX X570-E MB
32GB RAM GSKILL 3600

0 Likes
6 Replies
EFermi
Miniboss

Did you do something specific before getting those blackouts? Like installing a newer driver, getting a major Windows update, updating BIOS, etc? Run a GPU-Z, go to monitoring tab and pop up some GPU tests windowed, keep GPU-Z window on top and see the graphs and values - FurMark / Combustor for raw power draw checkup, Unigine Heaven / Valley / Superposition for normal rendering, some heavy raytracing bench for RT. If the blackout occur take notice at which stage (power/normal/RT) and if the temperatures reported were serviceable. 

I always keep everything up to date so i updated bios chipset and radeon software recently, and windows auto update

0 Likes

So was it fine before the updates? Or did you update after the problems begun? 

0 Likes

i started playing cyberpunk the first time after updating, so i cant really tell, because it happens just in cyberpunk and only once in warzone

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

What PSU are you using and are you using independent power cables?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same Valhalla issues with my RX5700XT. At the moment I only use the Radeon driver 21.6.1 WHQL without adrenaline and the MSI Afterburner, the newer ones like 21.8.2 lead to problems with Valhalla, not with Doom Eternal, which is probably also due to the graphics machines used. With Core Clock 1350 (Standard 2100) and Core Voltage 1025 (Standard 1184) my Valhalla runs with 61 FPS and approx. 70 degrees without crashing with restart. I can play Doom Eternal with the default setting, just try it out and help a few other things: No BIOS quick start, set PCI Express from Auto to Gen3 or 4, deactivate Windows Update when installing the Radeon drivers and possibly beforehand with DDU in safe mode without network remove and then reinstall all graphics drivers.

0 Likes