cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

pico72
Adept I

Black screen with 6900XT while gaming

Hi, since some weeks i got blackscreens while playing Cyberpunk. I have to disconnet the psu to get the pc booting again. Recently it happened in Warzone too. Idk if this is a Software problem or if my gpu is going to die. I am on the latest chipset (X570) and radeon driver.
Specs:
TUF RX6900XT
Ryzen 9 5900x
STRIX X570-E MB
32GB RAM GSKILL 3600

0 Likes
5 Replies
EFermi
Challenger

Re: Black screen with 6900XT while gaming

Did you do something specific before getting those blackouts? Like installing a newer driver, getting a major Windows update, updating BIOS, etc? Run a GPU-Z, go to monitoring tab and pop up some GPU tests windowed, keep GPU-Z window on top and see the graphs and values - FurMark / Combustor for raw power draw checkup, Unigine Heaven / Valley / Superposition for normal rendering, some heavy raytracing bench for RT. If the blackout occur take notice at which stage (power/normal/RT) and if the temperatures reported were serviceable. 

pico72
Adept I

I always keep everything up to date so i updated bios chipset and radeon software recently, and windows auto update

0 Likes
EFermi
Challenger

So was it fine before the updates? Or did you update after the problems begun? 

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

What PSU are you using and are you using independent power cables?

pico72
Adept I

i started playing cyberpunk the first time after updating, so i cant really tell, because it happens just in cyberpunk and only once in warzone

Tags (1)
0 Likes