Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bolgushatop
Adept I

black screen ryzen 7 5700g ipgu

Guys 
It seems that I do have an issue with iGPU of ryzen 7 5700g
Before I had an issue that "driver stopped responding" - I did install an older driver
Now I do have an issue that within 10-15 minutes of me playing games ( Arma or other) screen freezes and a black screen appears, can do anything but a reboot to fix it
I do not think that it is an issue with PSU cuz its 750W ( wanted to buy GPU later)
Nor should be voltages an issue - cuz I ran it in AIDA and it seemed okay
I do have b450 motherboard and I thought that maybe running in 120 Hz is the issue but i did try 5 minutes ago to do it in 60 hz - also crashed
I am not sure but cooling is also not an issue cuz I have a be quiet! tower for 130w and processor seems to be relatively cool

I did send all my details for checking to the shop I bought it from and they told me that everything is fine

Can you suggest how may I fix it or how may I diagnose what exactly causes the issue so that I will send it back once again to the shop ( I was trying to exchange RAM 3 times because in memtest it appeared 3 times with errors and they asked me to send them a full spec, they tested it - everything is fine I also did the same thing afterwards - also can not complain)

6 Replies
bolgushatop
Adept I

Need to say that I did buy 2.0 HDMI cable ( even though my monitor works with 1.4 standart) 
I changed 144 Hz to 60 hz ( as per my motherboard) and everything seems to run normally
In case it fails - will update you ( in case I will not write here for a long time I either forgot about the thread or its fine , you can comment me maybe I'll answer )

0 Likes

Sorry no one answered your post.

The black screen seems to be very common in the last few AMD drivers for the 5000 series APUs.

So basically by lowering the IGPU's Frequency from 144Hz to 60Hz stopped the Black screens besides downgrading your AMD driver?

You might want to comment on your fix with many other threads concerning black screens in case some other User(s) are doing the same thing your did by having a higher frequency than the motherboard can support.

Tech_Seve
Journeyman III

Are you still experiencing issues? I have the same problem and I've tried everything.

I have the same setup but motherboard is gigabyte b550 ds3h same problem i really need help dealing with this since last october 2021 please if you have discord help me out bec i tried sooooooooo many things.

Hey dude, maybe its a bit late, but i have the same motherboard and the same Ryzen 5700g as you, so far the only solution i found out (at least up to the time of this writing) is to disable 2 cores of the CPU and leave the 5700g as a 6-core processor, that worked for me (also i upgraded previously the cooler to a deep cool one, but that didnt help at all)

Also, to give more context, in my case the black screens were more notorious in CSGO which is the only game that i left the processor to render 300+ fps and the monitor to run @ 144hz.
Apparently at "normal" refresh rates or normal fps rates it doesnt do a black screen.

0 Likes
chaomarko01
Journeyman III

i also have this problem anyone have a solution?
procie: ryzen 7 5700g
mobo: gigabyte b550m ds3h ac
ram: lexar 2x16 32gb

0 Likes