cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Leejet
Journeyman III

BLACK SCREEN RX 6800XT

Hey guys,  I've been trying to figure out why my screen goes black randomly and most of the time it is happening is when I am not playing games.  The screen is not completely black it's lke dark grey screen as if like there's no display.

My specs:

X570 tomahawk wifi 

R7 5800X running at 4.6Ghz at 1.2125v

16GBx2 G Skill 3800mhz Cl14 at 1.5V

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx 6800XT SE running at pcie 3.0 using a vertical mount from coolermaster (ive been using vertical mount since the 3060ti)

MSI A750GF 80+ GOLD PSU

For the past 2 years I've had 6 different GPUs.

1. 5700XT Sapphire Nitro+ was my first GPU and this same issue was happening on my rig 2yrs back

2. Upgraded to 2080Super for a couple of weeks and the issue never happened to me

3. Went back to 5700XT but the MSI Gaming X ones and it never happened to to me as well

4. 3060TI - Never happened.

5. MSI Gaming X Trio RX 6800 for a couple of days, never happened.

6. Sapphire Nitro+ rx 6800xt SE issue came back from 2 yrs ago.

I've reinstalled my OS everytime I switch cards but did not find the need to between my 5th and 6th GPU since I just switched from 6800 to an XT.  

I've tried reinstalling GPU drivers and it still happening.

The only parts that I've had from 2 yrs back was my monitor and the SSDs.

I am kind of suspecting that my 750watts is not enough? But doesnt make sense since its happening when I am not even playing(I am just using chrome). In fact, I overclocked my GPU to 2700mhz and Vram at 2150 with no issues running firestrike multiple time. They do not overheat, 73 degrees was the hottest ive got to when running furmark.

Any ideas?

Btw the issue is fixable by just powering my monitor off and on..

Uploaded the issue on youtube:

https://youtu.be/H0nBGqR25ow

Kind of hoping that its not the card, I think I got a pretty good one since it can run 2700mhz with no issues, just need some help before I decide to do a windows reinstall again.

0 Likes
1 Reply