cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

tom154
Journeyman III

Black screen R7

First post here, apologies for any unintentional etiquette breaches..

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)        System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. System Model: To be filled by O.E.M. BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/24/15 16:28:30 Ver: 04.06.05 (type: BIOS) Processor: AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G   (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz Memory: 8192MB RAM Available OS Memory: 7114MB RAM Page File: 9235MB used, 5047MB available

Ok so here goes - about 4 months ago, i needed to hook up a second monitor to use with my working from home. All went fine for a few months, but in the last month or so, even after a few hours of light use, doing some very normal things, the screens go black, leaving the pc running in the background, but with no way of me getting the screens back.  I used the win+ctrl+shift+b to no avail, and i've checked for any graphics updates but it comes back saying up-to-date.

(Main monitor is connected via hdmi lead, 2nd is by vga cable btw)

If i switch off and back on after a few mins, it fires up as normal, but i'm now too hesitant to use the second monitor, so i'm back on one, and all seems normal. It's doing my head in to be honest..

Anyone able to help with any pointers or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

0 Likes
0 Replies