cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cstribal
Journeyman III

Black Screen on startup or after sleep. RX580 8GB

Built a new system like 3-4 months ago, all seemed okay until something really odd happened...

Went to sleep after watching a movie late night, when I woke up my PC was in sleep mode, moved my mouse and my HDMI monitor was turning black then showing like 1 frame of full image for 1 second and then black again for like 2-3 seconds and then again show some glitched out images with weird colors and then goes to black again.... and this repeats for long time. Sometimes it finally stops, when it does, sometimes ends up in a crystal clear image and sometimes in a clear image but with an pink overlay, but if I close the monitor from the power button and power it back on, it gets fixed... But still, sometimes it never stops going black. Then all I can do is turn it OFF and then ON again till it launches normally.
EDIT: the weirdest part is sometimes when I try restarting using my second monitor, it magically fixes instantly and shows the restart screen perfect, when it turns back on from there its fixed.

Keep in mind that my secondary monitor which is on DVI port works fine on the same times but sometimes misses a frame at the moment my HDMI monitor shows an image and goes black again.(not going black, just lags like maybe when you connect a monitor on a port or something)

What I tried so far... 

1.Uninstalled drivers with DDU on safe mode and did a fresh install.
2.Bought a new HDMI cable.
3.Lowered my RAM timings to default, since it was the only thing I had tweaked.

My thoughts:
1.I'm thinking that maybe it could be a bad monitor, since it is a cheap LG 22MP55HQ and its already 5-6 years old.
2.On my previous system, I was having somehow similar kind o problem... my system was booting fine but my monitor and USB devices were not getting power and I had to close the system by holding the power button and keep holding it pressed until it turns completely off and keep it 2-3 extra seconds...and yea those 2-3 seconds where the trick...so lucky I found out about it back then. AND THE ONLY PARTS im still using on this setup are my old HDD drives. Haven't tried disconnecting those would anyone think its even worth trying?...well to be absolutely true, I'm also using my Razer Deathadder and my MOTOSPEED mechanical keyboard...

My current Hardware setup:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3200MHz (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
MOBO:  AsRock B450M-HDV R4.0
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GB Pulse

I'm lost here, I would appreciate some help Cheers

0 Likes
0 Replies