cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

PDHamer
Journeyman III

Black screen on installation, 6700 XT, please help :(

As you can tell by the title, bought a Gigabyte RX 6700 XT OC today plugged it all in and there is no signal to my monitor. Just upgraded from a 1060 (6GB) so I really wanna get this sorted out without having to wait a few months for a replacement as this is my last upgrade in my pc. I've tried using different cables, monitors updating bios, forcing PCIE to gen 3 but none of it has worked.

My specs are:
Gigabyte RX 6700 XT OC
Z390-A pro
I7-9700k
RM 850w power supply

To my surprise plugged it into another Computer with similar specs but instead running a I9-9900k with a Rog Strix Z390-E gaming motherboard, previously using a 1080 Ti and it worked fine.
So in short I'm kind of lost on what else I can do to fix this, any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
2 Replies
alex221
Adept II

run a Memtest86 if u can go in the bios to check the ram if is ok  check the motherboard error lighting and clear cmos

last update or downgrade the bios on the motherboard

0 Likes
creepyexplosion
Journeyman III

If 3 long beeps are heard, remove all memory modules and try to install only one memory module in the DIMMA2 slot
first and then restart the computer. y If 1 long 2 short beeps are heard, remove and reinstall the graphics card and then restart the computer.
Test with another known working graphics card. You mentioned you had a 1080 TI, your motherboard has on board video if your CPU has on board video, did you try that to make sure you can at least boot to BIOS?

0 Likes