Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

BigMak
Journeyman III

Black screen Monitors turn off when using Stress test or playing "heavy" games

PC parts:

• GPU: RX 6700 xt nitro+ (had a GTX 1650 before this one, no problems with that)
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO
  • BIOS Version: 7C56vAB
  • RAM: 16GB (2x8gb) Kingston HyperX 3200mhz
  • PSU: Corsair rm650x
  • Case: Corsair iCUE 220t
  • Operating System: WINDOWS 10
  • GPU Drivers: Adrenalin 23.3.1 (WHQL Recommended)
  • Chipset Drivers: AMD B550 CHIPSET DRIVERS VERSION 5.02.19.2221
  • 1 BenQ xl2411z (dp to DVI) and an Acer V226HQL (HDMI) monitor

Description of Problem:

I've had this GPU for a few months now, I replaced a GTX 1650 that had none of these problems. Since I play a lot of older, less demanding games like Morrowind, WarThunder, or the Sims 3 and use it for learning I've not had many problems with it so far.

But then when I want to play games like:

• Deep Rock Galactic (it doesn't always black screen, sometimes I have to play for long to get a black screen, and sometimes at the start of a round it immediately black screens )
  • Cepheus Protocol (only got to the auto-config in the settings, then it immediately black screens)
  • BigAmbitions(instant black screen)
  • Sons of the Forest (instant black screen)

Also whenever I start the stress test in the Adrenalin software it immediately black screens.

When it black screens both my monitors lose connection, tell me that no cable is connected, then I have to hard reboot my PC.

I did notice during the last black screen that my mobo's VGA light lit up until the hard reboot.

What I tried so far:

Removed the GPU and chipset driver, then reinstall them with the latest version. Then I did the MPO remove stuff, and also looked around the power management settings but nothing has helped the problem is still a thing.

So now I'm wondering that since the black screen problem isn't happening whenever I just browse the internet or play old/ not that demanding games and the black screen only happens when I try to play more "demanding" games could the problem be something with the GPU not properly getting power or something? Like that is my only idea after everything.

I dunno at this point what to do. But thought it might be worth giving it a last shot before I try to RMA.

1 Solution
BigMak
Journeyman III

So I sent the card back to the company where I bought it from, and after almost a month of waiting I got my money back, and bought an RX 6800 since prices came down a lot in the meantime.

The company supposedly tested the card, although I have my doubts that there were any actual tests being done. So as I said I bought an RX 6800 Pulse from Sapphire a few days ago and so far it's been working flawlessly.

So far only tested Big Ambitions and Sons of the Forest out of that list (and some other games) but they both start without a hitch and the card performs like a wonder. So @theLastSasuke I dont want to proclaim with 100% certainty that the card was faulty but I'm like 99% sure that card was faulty.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
theLastSasuke
Journeyman III

I am facing the exact same issue. My GPU is RX6600 but the rest of the specs are more or less the same.

I have been trying to sort this annoying problem for over a week now trying so many different solutions and work around but nothing seemed to work so far. I thought to create a thread and ask for help as last resort but seems like your thread gets the job done. I'll keep checking this post. Hopefully, some angle sent from the skies can actually give both of us a concrete solution. I'm already frustrated  

@BigMak, please do let me know by replying to this comment in case you figure it out, thanks !

0 Likes
BigMak
Journeyman III

So I sent the card back to the company where I bought it from, and after almost a month of waiting I got my money back, and bought an RX 6800 since prices came down a lot in the meantime.

The company supposedly tested the card, although I have my doubts that there were any actual tests being done. So as I said I bought an RX 6800 Pulse from Sapphire a few days ago and so far it's been working flawlessly.

So far only tested Big Ambitions and Sons of the Forest out of that list (and some other games) but they both start without a hitch and the card performs like a wonder. So @theLastSasuke I dont want to proclaim with 100% certainty that the card was faulty but I'm like 99% sure that card was faulty.

0 Likes
Soln
Adept II

EDIT: Sorry, wrong post

0 Likes