cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

alwaystryhard
Journeyman III

Black screen issue

I get these weird black screen crashes on my Sapphire 5700 xt in most games (battlefront 2, bf v, red dead 2 etc.) that either forces me to restart my PC or if I'm quick enough I can press Win + crtl + shift + b and not have to restart it. I've tried the newest optional driver and that made things worse, while the older drivers didn't fix it. I'm currently on the stable drivers (19.2.1) and the issue still persists.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please use this thread to provide your feedback on this issue. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

AMD should have a new driver out before long for us to rant and rave at

0 Likes
mr_greybeard
Journeyman III

I have a sapphire pulse and I experienced this a couple times on ghost recon breakpoint and I looked at the preset settings in the amd software and my card was at 2064 mhz/ 1200 volt which is really overclocked and I think this is what is causing my black screen because my card can't run those settings and therefore its black screening or causing an error, my card is only capable of a 1925 mhz boost from what the website says so I don't understand why my clocks were so high to begin with, today I have been trying to underclock/undervolt the card and I have been successful so far im at 1950 mhz @ 1118 volts

Edit: I have the newest drivers 19.12.3

0 Likes

mr_greybeard wrote:

I have a sapphire pulse and I experienced this a couple times on ghost recon breakpoint and I looked at the preset settings in the amd software and my card was at 2064 mhz/ 1200 volt which is really overclocked and I think this is what is causing my black screen because my card can't run those settings and therefore its black screening or causing an error, my card is only capable of a 1925 mhz boost from what the website says so I don't understand why my clocks were so high to begin with, today I have been trying to underclock/undervolt the card and I have been successful so far im at 1950 mhz @ 1118 volts

Edit: I have the newest drivers 19.12.3

i have also experienced issues and I gave tried memory timings which has had some effect

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please use this thread to provide your feedback on this issue. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

0 Likes