cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

CHRIS_32
Adept I

Black screen during warzone with 6750 XT

Hello guys i am new here on this community i have a AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT OC 12GB GDDR6 192bit . And when i play warzone 2.0 my monitor goes black screen (165hz monitor) and after the black screen the pc is restarting the drivers are up to date and i dont know what to do . Can i get an advice ? Ty

Apparently i have this problem in 3 games and i dont know what to do in this case . I have a feeling is the video card or the last driver 22.11.1

And when the pc is back online i get that error with the wattman

15 Replies
drippy
Adept I

I am having the same issues and if you start digging there are many others I think we're waiting on a fix

0 Likes

Same Here.

0 Likes
HalfGrape
Adept II

Not sure if you are experiencing the exact same thing but for most the solution is disabling hardware acceleration on everything (web browser, zoom, etc) and disabling image sharpening in the amd software

0 Likes

Good day!
You are absolutely right, in a large number of cases hardware acceleration is to blame. Hardware acceleration (the redistribution of Windows itself between the processor and the video card) was introduced in Windows 10 2004 and introduced in AMD drivers in version 20.5.1. I even wrote a post in the AMD driver quality thread and laid out everything I experienced for 2 years when I used the 5700XT video card. I expected that AMD representatives would at least somehow speak out on this issue and admit what needs to be done. But since they did not deign to answer, then do the following. To completely disable hardware acceleration in Windows 10 and 11, you need to edit the registry settings, so be sure to create a system restore point before proceeding further.

Press Win + R to open the Run application.
Type regedit into the text field and press Enter. You will need administrator rights to make changes to the Windows registry.
In the registry, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Avalon.Graphics using the navigation bar on the left.
Here, right-click on an empty space in the right pane and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
Name the entry DisableHWAcceleration.
Now double click on the record you just created and enter 1 in the Value data field.
Click the OK button.
Exit Registry Editor and restart your computer.

If after this method you are still getting a black screen error, then the problem is probably hardware, so you need to enable hardware acceleration again by changing the data value in the DisableHWAcceleration entry to 0.

PS. Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

Hey, thanks for this!

What are the side effects of doing this? i had it disabled in chrome before and the only thing i noticed was a site that had a 3d mouse comparison tool was more choppy/laggy.

It is revertible like you said right. what happens if i delete the entire value, my guess is it keeps what you last set or will it be free to to change itself to what ever it needs in the future?

0 Likes

As long as there is a registry entry, then hardware acceleration will be enabled (value 0) or disabled (value 1). If you delete the entry and the registry, then it is installed by Windows by default, i.e. enabled.

Anonymous
Not applicable

6700xt strix all is good now, my games did crash to desktop but I did find solution. I did have black screen and restart only in warzone few times but recently game did work great.

test your cpu, gpu and ram memory. there are some programs for that.

I have seasonic gx850w, b450 tomahawk max with old bios, ryzen 2700x, 4x8 3200mhz ram.

Did you check your cpu and gpu temperatures?

maybe change thermal paste on cpu

can your motherboard handle your cpu?

If you dont have fans in your case you should add them. I have P14 pwm pst fans and they move a lot of air.

test more and update this disscusion with more informations.

you didnt name all pc parts

did you try older drivers? I use DDU to uninstall gpu driver.

In amd software you can use bug report tool to report your problem.

if you did over clock some parts you should restore default settings.

0 Likes
eebiii
Miniboss

Fix: Call of Duty Warzone 2 Black Screen After Startup (getdroidtips.com)

Found it online, I'm sure you prob already tried it

0 Likes
Heisenberg45
Adept I

I have the same problem. I thought the problem was in the power supply and I plugged in a different power supply, but it did not fix it. I think the last 2 driver have this problem. I never had such a problem before.

Red Devil 6700XT-Ryzen 5600-Asus TUF B550 Plus-16gb 3200Mhz Ram(8+8)-750W High Power 85+ PSU
Driver Version 22.11.1

tauuruz
Adept II

I'm having this issue but only in Dota 2 game.

0 Likes
Deemon69
Elite

Good day!

With recent developments with the latest released AMD chipset drivers, namely broken power plans for AMD 3000 series processors, I have some thoughts. You did not specify what processor and motherboard chipset you have? If from AMD, then you can try custom power plans, you can get them here.

Vladclav
Journeyman III

You are not alone here.
I have Sapphire Rx 6700 XT Pulse.
I have this black screen that cannot be removed except by restarting the PC. By today only 2 games, Apex(only once) and Cyberpunk 2077(occurs randomly while exploring and every time when trying to change the graphics settings) caused this. I was playing cyberpunk for 40 hours and only few weeks ago this have started. Searched for solution everywhere and nothing helped. I hope maybe some new ideas or 100% solutions will pop up here.

0 Likes

Small update here.
I swapped my 8+8 PCI pins and now cyberpunk works completely fine. Near 10 hours without blackscreen. And the instant black screen when changing graphic settings also disappeared. Don't know if swapping pins did help me or something else, but that was the only thing that I did lately.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

It makes you think that perhaps there is a power draw issue, doesn't it?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".