Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

memsix
Newcomer

Black Screen Crash in Subnautica and Rainbow 6

Hi,

This crash happens rarely in Rainbow 6 (High Settings) and always within the first 30 minutes of Subnautica (High Settings). The crash happens as follows: First the screen goes black and the audio still plays normally for a few seconds. Then the audio goes out and the computer requires a force shutdown.

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Six-Core Processor

RX 480 8GB (Driver 18.1.1)

16GB DDR4 RAM

600w Bronze PCU

Windows 10 64bit

0 Likes
5 Replies
shaat
Journeyman III

Hi,

I have these exact symptoms, rarely while playing PUBG, and very frequently while playing Subnautica, making it unplayable.

While running Subnautica on the highest possible settings, it almost always occurs when opening the lifepod hatch for the first time.

It's probably not power-related (running 3DMark and Prime95 at the same time with 100% fan speed for a few minutes didn't cause it).

Nothing of note is visible in the Windows Event Logs (except an Error saying the previous shutdown was unexpected).

Specs:

Intel i5-4690

RX 480 8GB (tried it with driver 18.1.1 and 17.12.1, had problems with both)

8GB DDR3 RAM

600W Cooler Master PCU

Windows 10 64bit

0 Likes
officerrabbit
Journeyman III

Hi,

I'm having this exact issue as well,i loose connection to my monitors while playing games.I have tried overclock/underclock,altered the the power and changed wattman states but nothing seems to fix it.

Specs:

i7 2600k

8gb ddr3

RX480 8gb

Win7 64bit

0 Likes
shaat
Journeyman III

Hi,

I have been trying to fix this issue on my off time after my last comment.

As an experiment, I've lowered the Power limit by 20%, the overall GPU frequency by 20%, and the maximum Memory frequency to 1850 Mhz. This seems to have fixed all my issues, and I haven't got the described issue since. The limits would probably be tweakable.

0 Likes

Radeon Settings, Global, Wattman" Set power limit slider all the way to the right (+50, +20 is max on some rx 480), it is beneath the fan settings.

Set power profile to high performance.

Disable hybrid sleep. Use standby.

This will likely take care of it. Report back if not.

Make sure to do a reboot after changing all this.

Good luck!

0 Likes

Sorry that didnt help at all,i think im done with this card.You should'nt have to jump through hoops just to get the card to perform the way it should out of the box.

Pretty gutted about this issue as it was my "give AMD another go" card after previous driver fiascos,but its just more of the same.

Considering the amount of threads with people who are having these same issues and not a single reply from a AMD rep on its own forums is pretty much well i dont know what to say really.

Gutted.

0 Likes