cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

daeva89
Adept I

Black screen and signal lost after installing driver for RX 6600

Hello, as i mentioned in the title, I've just bought a brand new Rx6600.

The problem appear when I try to install it. Without the driver the card and the fans works fine.

When the driver finishes his installation the card goes off, fans stop, blank screen, no signal.

This happens again at the startup, after windows logo splash page the fans stop again, the card goes off and I remain with a black screen.

CPU:Intel i5-3950x

Mobo:MSI gaming 5 z97

Ram:12 Gb ddr3

PSU:XFX 1200w

Need help asap

9 Replies

Do a clean install of the drivers..meaning use DDU to remove all vestiges of previous/prior drivers while in Safe Mode.

0 Likes

Already done, if I don't install the driver the GPU kinda works, mid installation of the drivers the screen goes black and i hear an error sound but I can't see nothing unless I reboot and swap Gpu or use the Mobo integrated exit

0 Likes

What OS? Is it fully updated?

AMD software and drivers are designed to work best for up-to-date operating systems. Please be sure to update your operating system before installing drivers.

Try installing the WHQL version...not the optional:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-6000-series/amd-radeon-6600-series/amd-radeon-rx-...

0 Likes

As i said, already done, the GPU goes off mid installation, the fans stops and the screen goes off.

After the screen goes off/blank i hear an error sound and nothing else.

If I restart the PC the GPU goes off after Windows splash page.

Yes I've tried clean instal/reinstall. Yes I've tried swapping GPU, yes I've tried safe boot, yes I've made a clean windows install.

Win 10 pro x64 up-to-date

0 Likes

If you tried a clean install of the WHQL drivers and have Windows Update paused...then report your problem to AMD here > https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

And no...there are no engineers here. Just users trying to help ...long distance with questionable users.

Sharpxe
Adept I

Posted same issue here with no responses so far. 

PowerColor RX 6600xt Hellhound no Display Signal D... - AMD Community

Hoping you have better luck cause I'd love to use the card.

0 Likes
Azazel07
Journeyman III

Hey, I am running into the same problem. Have you found a fix?

0 Likes
NUP93
Journeyman III

I ran into the same problem.

Even returned the gpu and got the brand new one and still the same. All of these errors are on windows side.

It works on linux, but there are occasional screen flickers. Games work fine on linux as well.

0 Likes
yveZ79
Journeyman III

I am running into the exact same issue on my Minisforum HX99G. Downloaded and installed RX6600m drivers.

I did this on a _fresh_ install of both Windows 10 and Windows 11 professional (monitor connected via HDMI). During the install of the GU drivers, screen goes black and stays black. Reboot, see for a sec the windows starting ball, but before the logon screen it goes black.

Rebooting into safe mode I see the RX6600m with a !, disable the device and reboot and all is good. The moment I enable the RX6600m in device manager, screen goes black. Reboot, same issue as before.

Here is a funny bit: I moved the desktop and connected it via HDMI to my TV, and I get into Windows as I should. Swap it back to my PC monitor, and boom, screen black.

0 Likes