Black screen after driver installation Windows 10 and HD7850

I have an issue installing a AMD driver for my setup:

Intel Core i5 2500K Boxed (stock speed)

Asrock Z77 Extreme4

Kingston KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX

Zalman ZM600-HP

Samsung EVO 840 250GB

Sapphire HD7850 2GB GDDR5

After a new and fresh windows 10 installation (from scratch) i try to install the drivers for the 7850. After a few minutes the screen goes black. Even a reboot results in a black screen.

I have to boot into safe mode, uninstall the drivers with DDU and then it works again but WITHOUT the driver.

From other forums i understood the Intel IGPU driver clashes with the AMD driver so i disabled the IGPU in the bios. I even tried to prevent windows 10 to install drivers for the IGPU (which it still tries even with the IGPU disabled). Still with the same result: After installation of the 7850 driver the system goes black.

I am pretty sure the 7850 is fine as i tested it under various other operating systems and with occt. with no issues at all.

Does someone have a fix for this ?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ans75
Journeyman III

In data 30/11/2020 ho formattato il pc e reinstallato il win 10 64 bit, sto riscontrando lo stesso problema.

Ho dovuto togliere la scheda video, in quanto ogni volta che il win installa il driver della scheda video lo schermo diventa nero.

Per accedere al desktop, devo entrare in modalità provvisoria e  disinstallare i driver ed utilizzare la VGA della scheda madre.

Potete trovare una soluzione grazie.

0 Likes