cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Ækitus
Journeyman III

Black Screen 5700 XT Photoshop

The computer is still running after black screen, I would really like this fixed not get a work around. This only happens in Photoshop. For context I have two computers both have the same hardware aside from the GPU's. The computer with the Nvida card dose not have this issue. I have one more thing I can try but I am not 100% how to do it right. I want to completely remove Adrenalin and run just the driver. Given 5000 how too's out there that covers it I need to know the right way of doing this.

3 Replies
barbecue
Journeyman III

Im having the same issue with my RX 5600 XT. When im using Photoshop i get black screen and my PC just freeze. I need to reboot my PC to fix it.

Did you found a solution?

0 Likes
Uprising
Adept I

Use DDU display driver uninstaller in safe mode to remove the old driver use the option clean and restart then disconnect the internet so windows doesn’t try installing anything then I followed what this guy on YouTube did to install the driver without Adrenalin.

https://youtu.be/PtIh1fnuNoE 

0 Likes

You can have Device Manager update your AMD VGA Driver without having to install the full package features.

You can also allow Windows Update to install the driver but not sure if it also installs the full package or just the driver and its related software like Device Manager.

EDIT: Both run DXDIAG.exe and save the file to your PC. Then open the saved file and go to the last category "Diagnostics" to see which files or programs are having issues with your PC.

Also check Windows Event Viewer under "errors" to see if you spot anything related to Photoshop. It might show the error causing your black screens.

NOTE: Since both have the same issue with Photoshop it might be something incompatible between the AMD VGA Driver and Photoshop itself.

I suggest you open a Adobe Support ticket on Photoshop to see if they are aware of this issue and who is responsible in getting it fixed.

0 Likes