Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Ricloren
Adept I

Black flickering (?) InGame

Hi folks!

I don't know how to call it exactly, but I got these graphic "bugs" in the game The Isle. Some other guys with AMD GPUs have the same problem. I know the picture is dark (it was night time) but I hope u can see enough.

GPU: RX 6900 XT
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X 

Driver: 21.8.1

1.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes, in fact, if the problem is observed only in one game, then the problem is most likely in it. And given that the game is old, then most likely there are problems in it. You can try to dig into the game config and set a non-standard resolution, or do something similar in amd adrenalin for a specific game.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

Try to remove the driver through the DDU utility, and roll the previous version of the driver (or the version marked Recommended WHQL)

Maybe I should have mentioned that no older driver version worked...  I had this problem since I used the new gpu... I was told the problem should be solved by new driver updates...

0 Likes

Try using a different HDMI or DP cable..

When i changed my graphics card and monitor I had the same problem..

I spent a bit more money on a better quality DP cable and that worked for me..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

I will try that.

0 Likes

It did not change unfortunately...

My DP cable is 144 Hz and should be a good quality.

I also tried with with a HDMI cable and even changed my UWUHD screen to an normal HD screen and tried both DP and HDMI... same problem.

0 Likes

Something i found on Steam: Just hit alt+enter and it will resize your screen and as a result it automatically resets your screen. Then hit alt+enter again to return your screen to the size it was. This works for me every time a black or green cloud of graphics takes over my screen while playing The Isle.

It sounds like there are a lot of problems with that game.. On AMD and Nvidia..

Probably more of a game problem than hardware..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Yes, in fact, if the problem is observed only in one game, then the problem is most likely in it. And given that the game is old, then most likely there are problems in it. You can try to dig into the game config and set a non-standard resolution, or do something similar in amd adrenalin for a specific game.