cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ids
Adept I

Black Bars CS:GO R9 290 AOC AG251FZ 17.2.1

So like I said in the title, I got myself a new Monitor a few days ago (AOC AGON AG251FZ / 25" Class-24.5" viewable / 240Hz). When I connected the monitor to my PC (AMD Radeon R9 200 Series / Windows 7) I also updated my AMD Driver tot he latest version.  My problem now is, that I cant play CS:GO on 16:10 1680x1050 stretched anymore, I always get black bars. I tried everything and also changed the Display Mode (GPU Scaling ON / Full Panel) and the Game Mode to Full Panel, nothing worked. So I went back to an old driver Version (17.2.1), now I can play stretched, but only at 60Hz, as soon as I turn the Hz up, my game wont stretch anymore. Maybe one of you guys has a solution fort my problem, or does atleast know an old driver version where this GPU Scaling Problem is fixed.

Thanks in advance, IDS,

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
1 Reply
plumboby
Miniboss

leave the refresh frequency at 60hz with the new drivers & enable full screen mode & see what happens. Maybe give you registry a clean using a registry cleaner or cc cleaner. As sometimes issues arise cause of over written driver updates  screwing the registry. Every update of new thing i add to my build i run a registry cleaner as can be  enough to throw out game settings & scaling had it before or do a validation of game files as could be a courupt file in the game file throwing out the driver or maybe a bug in the system still with the new driver. Tho there is a hot fix to the latest adrenaline driver which may fix the issue now try the newest driver & hotfix & post the results.

0 Likes