Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

CStevenson727
Journeyman III

BIOS not working on RX 6800

Hi,

I am unable to view my motherboards BIOS screen with my RX 6800. If I don't try going into BIOS my computer will go into windows 10 just fine, play games etc but if I try going into BIOS I just get  a black screen like it's in BIOS but I get no display, doesn't matter if I try HDMI or Display port I get no display haven't tried the type C but doubting much success will be had there.

My motherboard is an ASrock Pro4M B450 Motherboard (which I've changed the boot display settings to take priority to Display Port first then HDMI etc, also updated to latest firmware last month). If I change my GPU to my GTX1060 3GB I can get into BIOS using the same monitor a Viotek GNV34DBE with the display port cable. Seems the only way to display BIOS with my current build is to swap GPUs which is a pain but I fear when I get my hands on an AMD 5600 and a 500 series mobo I may still have this issue and there is maybe something wrong with my card.

Any help would be appreicated. If it's the card I need to know asap since it wasn't cheap and I'm probably still in the return window.

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
CStevenson727
Journeyman III

also to note I have disable CSM in my motherboard (with the GTX 1060 since the RX 6800 will not show my BIOS)

0 Likes
CStevenson727
Journeyman III

No one? How do I contact AMD? 

0 Likes

What card manufacturer do you have? I'm seeing a similar problem on an XFX RX 6900XT, where BIOS and boot menu work only over HDMI. I normally use DisplayPort (who TF wants stupid HDMI anyways?) and on DisplayPort I can only get a picture once the OS has booted. I've now RMA'd one card because of it, but the replacement they gave me has the exact same problem. Now I'm gonna return that one too and try a different manufacturer. Kinda starting to feel sorry for the retailer though

0 Likes
ninja750
Adept I

hi

did you solve the problem?

In my case I can see the bios while turning the PC on, but not in case of reboot

weird is that all worked fine with previous monitor, both using displayport

0 Likes